This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

There are two types of people during the holidays: those who start playing Christmas music after Thanksgiving… and those who skip Thanksgiving altogether in favor of blasting Christmas music on the first day of November (and putting up the tree as soon as their friends and family will give in and let them). No matter which type of holiday music-lover you are, this playlist is sure to speak to your love for Christmas music and get you into the holiday spirit (even if you’ve been in it for a month already).

Do They Know It’s Christmas? By Band Aid

The video is linked to the updated 2014 version, but both give me chills every time I listen. It’s a classic for sure.

Last Christmas By Wham!

I’m pretty sure I’ve adored this song since I was… seven, maybe? I could never imagine a Christmas where I wasn’t playing it enough to annoy all of my friends just a bit.

Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon and Yoko Ono

I also could not imagine a Christmas without this song. It is really, truly beautiful.

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Michael Bublé

This song is sure to get me into the Christmas spirit, and that is a fact. His voice is beautiful, the lyrics are beautiful and they have just the right amount of lovely holiday spirit ringing loud and clear.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas By Frank Sinatra 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHVIVNoIPVM

Also a Christmas classic, I couldn’t think of a complete holiday playlist that didn’t feature the beautiful song. It makes me feel like sitting by a fireplace, drinking hot chocolate and listening to this song on a record player.

I’ll Be Home For Christmas By Bing Crosby

This is also a go-to holiday favorite (and classic). Anyone else feel like dancing around in their living room to this song? No… just me?

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing By Carrie Underwood

OK, so there are many versions of this song, but nothing gets me quite like Carrie Underwood. It really is beautiful, plain and simple.

Happy Holiday / The Holiday Season By Andy Williams

When I listen to this song, I feel like I’ve been transported to Times Square during the Christmas season. I feel the snow, I feel the holiday rush and then I have this song ringing through my head for the rest of the day.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland by Dean Martin

I always want to be walking in a winter wonderland (I mean, at least a little), but those feelings are amplified astronomically when this song plays. Where is the snow? I’m ready for snow!

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 

Let’s be honest — absolutely no Christmas playlist ever is truly complete without this Mariah Carey gem, right?

No matter what your favorite holiday songs are, make a playlist, get into the holiday spirit and have yourself a merry little Christmas! 

Ashley Oldham

Chapel Hill '20

Ashley Oldham is a senior English and Comparative Literature and Sociology double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In her free time she enjoys drinking way too much coffee, attempting to write the next great American novel, and going on spontaneous road trips, all in the name of procrastinating on whatever schoolwork she currently has to do. To see what she's doing next (and get bombarded with cat pictures) follow her on Instagram @ashleyyerinno.