This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Eli Smith
Hometown: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Year: Junior
Major: Management and Society
Minors: Environmental Studies, Sustainability

Favorite Cold Stone/Yopo Flavor: Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake

Where do you study? UL, for sure.

Fun Fact: I was born two and a half months premature, which most people find surprising because I’m so tall.

Motto: Have as much fun as you can in life, make every moment worth it.

If you like your boys like you like your tea, then Eli is your man. Tall and sweet, he’s a refreshingly nice guy. Eli grew up breeding horses with his family not too far from campus, and he bleeds Carolina Blue. His parents, alumni of Chapel Hill, met when his father was a football player and his mom was a cheerleader here. Cue the ‘oohs and ahhs’ that he says girls always give him when he mentions that.

On a nice afternoon you’ll find him on the golf course, or anywhere outside. You could also find him at Top O, which is where he works. He likes the patio up there and being able to sit above Franklin Street and people watch.

When asked where he was when we won the 2009 NCAA Tournament his response was, “Running. I was on the way to Franklin Street as soon as I saw that we won,” and of course, he jumped a fire. He loves blues music and playing the guitar, and even played with his dad’s band Big Range, which you can find on iTunes! (They’re awesome, the song, “Strong Black Coffee” sounds like the theme song to every Southern front porch.)

He’s also on the RESPC. Excuse me, what? The Renewable Energy Special Projects Committee, a student board that decides where our tuition money towards renewable energy goes. The big solar panels on top of Morrison that won a national award came from RESPC. Eli hopes to travel and wants to explore the Appalachian Trail or Europe after graduation. He’s environmentally friendly, loves to be outside and just wants to have a good time, what more could you want?

This Campus Cutie looks for a girl who is funny and likes to have fun, but self-respect is the most attractive trait a girl can have.  You can find him on the quad, kicking it in the grass between classes and don’t be afraid to say hey.

Brittany is a senior Visual Communications major in the UNC-CH School of Journalism and an Entrepreneurship minor, originally from Frederick, MD. This summer she interned in the fashion department of O, The Oprah Magazine in NYC. She has interned at the Durham Herald-Sun Newspaper and as a multi-media producer for the UNC Foreign Language Department and School of Education. Brittany enjoys snowboarding, rock climbing, water sports and all things to do with the beach. In the future she hopes to work in the magazine industry, travel and continue practicing yoga.
Sophomore, PR major at UNC