#DisneyWeek: 10 Throwback Disney Shows From The 2000s That I Will Love Forever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Let’s be honest; the Disney Channel of the 2000s will forever hold a special place in all of our hearts. Of course, that isn’t to discount the shows on the channel nowadays because I’m sure that they’re just as amazing. However, when I think of my childhood, one of the many things that comes to mind are some of the amazing, hilarious and totally ridiculous shows that Disney brought us years ago. 

So, if you’re in the mood to take a trip down memory lane, then here are ten Disney Channel shows from the early 2000s that you’ll probably love forever. 

Lizzie McGuire

I ADORE HILARY DUFF! That being said, Lizzie McGuire will forever hold a special place in my heart.

That’s So Raven

That’s So Raven was one of my favorite Disney shows for a long time. It’s hilarious and so very lovable — what more could I ask for?

Phil of the Future

I used to stay up “late” at night over the summer just to watch Phil of the Future, and I have NO REGRETS. I also love Aly Michalka, which just made it even better.

The Suite Life of Zack & Cody

This show always had me laughing. It also left me with so many hilarious phrases and sayings that I still use today — “PRNDL,” anyone?

The Suite Life on Deck

School on a ship? My middle school self would have said “sign me up” in a heartbeat.

Wizards of Waverly Place

The fact that “Wizards of Wavery Place” first premiered in 2007 makes me feel some extra special type of old. On that note, I’ll love it forever and that’s the tea on that.

Sonny with a Chance

I used to ADORE Sonny with a Chance. It made me laugh, it made me smile and it made me realize exactly why Disney Channel was so special to me.

Even Stevens

OK, so I’ll be honest and say that I’m not extremely familiar with Even Stevens, but I do know that it was great show — just another example of an early 2000s Disney Channel gem.

Jonas

Can we just take a moment to talk about the Jonas Brothers getting back together? That is all.

Hannah Montana

Saving the best for last? I’ll let you be the judge of that — all I’m going to say is that recounting the best shows of my childhood could never be complete without Hannah Montana. It’s really something special.

What are your favorite Disney Channel shows?

Ashley Oldham

Chapel Hill '20

Ashley Oldham is a senior English and Comparative Literature and Sociology double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In her free time she enjoys drinking way too much coffee, attempting to write the next great American novel, and going on spontaneous road trips, all in the name of procrastinating on whatever schoolwork she currently has to do. To see what she's doing next (and get bombarded with cat pictures) follow her on Instagram @ashleyyerinno.