This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

It’s October now, and cuffing season seems to be starting up right on time. Going on dates and meeting new people is always exciting, but sometimes the standard rotation of coffee, dinner and movies can feel stale. Autumn is here (even if it’s still warm out!) and there are lots of fun seasonal activities that are great date ideas.

1. Pumpkin patches and pumpkin carving

Halloween is just a few weeks away, so why not embrace it and go to a pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin together? Carving pumpkins gives you a great chance to show off your artistic skills or your goofy side.

2. Nature walks

The next few months are some of the prettiest of the year, so take the opportunity to get outside before it’s super cold and see all the changing colors. There are plenty of trails and greenways around Chapel Hill and Carrboro with more to which you could easily drive.

3. Learn to cook/bake a new treat.

Colder weather makes yummy baked goods or home cooked food taste even better. Cooking something new together is a fun, collaborative activity that you both get to enjoy at the end. There are lots of fun, festive recipes online for in-season produce like squash and pumpkins.

4. Local sports games

For a lot of people, fall means football season and if you’re a fan, a football game is an interactive and exciting date. If you’re not huge on football, other sports like tennis, field hockey and volleyball are also in season.

5. Local events and festivals

Fall means that street festivals in Carrboro, Chapel Hill and Durham are starting up. These are a fun way to check out local food, crafts and music. There’s enough going on that you’ll be able to find something for you and your date.

What date ideas are you going to try?

Isabel Uzsoy

Chapel Hill

Isabel is a junior at UNC majoring in computer science and English literature. She enjoys reading, coffee, and good times with good friends.