The Celebrity Break-Ups We’ll Never Get Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

It blew up Twitter; it was all over Facebook; there were specials on E! News. … Heidi Klum and Seal were getting divorced. After every girl’s initial reaction of, “Oh my GOD how can this be happening?” and “Nooooo they were perfect together!” or “I’m never getting married if Heidi and Seal can’t make it work,” I began thinking about all the glam celebrity couples who called it quits and how it broke America’s hearts. So here it is, the top 10 celebrity break-ups we’ll never get over:

1. Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson
This gorgeous couple split after only 3 years of marriage. We still remember them from their “Newlyweds” TV show on MTV and their life-size match of “Barbie and Ken.”

2. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston
Married for five years, Brad and Jennifer divorced after Brad’s alleged on-screen romance with Angelina Jolie turned vividly real. While some have converted to Brangelina fans, others remain loyal to Jennifer, and disappointed by the break-up.

3. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling
Wait… The Notebook isn’t real life!? When fans found out Noah and Allie were both on-screen AND off-screen lovers, everyone was ecstatic. After dating for about three years and being engaged for a short time, this loved couple too, called it quits.

4. Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears
It was perfect, two pop-star divas from the Mickey Mouse Club had began their romance at just 17. While Justin’s had high-profile romances since then like Cameron Diaz and now-fiancee Jessica Biel, it seems Britney’s best time, pre-KFed and head shaving, was with the “Sexyback” star.

5. Heidi Klum and Seal
After six years of marriage and four beautiful children, the world was shocked when the hot supermodel and dreamy singer that seemed to be the strongest in the business announced they were ending their union.

6. Courtney Cox and David Arquette
The adorable couple separated last year after being together for 11 years. While it was an upsetting break-up, the couple have set a good example of being friendly and supportive of one another even after the relationship ends.

7. Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron
Vanessa and Zac stole the hearts of pre-teens everywhere on the set of “High School Musical” and proceeded to have a glam relationship for the next three years. Troy and Gabriella–Vanessa and Zac– it seemed too good to be true. Which it was. However, everyone can move on from the break-up in hopes the matured Efron can be one of our future boyfriends.

8. Katy Perry and Russell Brand
This “Teenage Dream” unfortunately only lasted 14 months… hey that’s better than Kim K’s marriage of 72 days right?! At least Katy has come out with a great new song “Part of Me” as a result of the heartbreak.

9. Chris Brown and Rihanna
The two-year relationship of debatably the two sexiest stars in the music industry took a devastating turn when there were reports that Chris had allegedly assaulted Rihanna. However, recent rumors have been circulating that this hot couple may be back on again…

10. Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
No one thought this relationship could work … yet it did for over six years. But let’s be honest … someone as beautiful as Ashton Kutcher needs to be having little beautiful children.

Her Campus UNC wants to know… who are celeb couples you wish had never broken up?

Sophomore, PR major at UNC