This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

If you’re a Carolina Football fan, you might recognize this week’s Campus Profile, Tar Heel kicker, Nicholas ‘Apostolos’ Weiler. Some might say this Greek strongman’s rise to fame resembles mythology, but Nick himself insists he’s just a regular guy, busy with balancing school work, extracurriculars, and a social life (which mostly involves hanging out with his dog Chevy). Read on to learn more about Nick and his epic man-bun.

Source: http://raleighco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-23-a…

Name: Nick Weiler

Year: Senior

Age: 22

Hometown: Burke, VA

Major: Business Administration

Minor: Philosophy, Politics & Economics

Her Campus: What do you like most about being on the football team?

Nick Weiler: The biggest thing would probably be the guys on the team, like the family and brotherhood aspect of it all. I didn’t know anyone coming in from out-of-state, but because of football I had a hundred guaranteed friends right away. I’m also very competitive, so that’s fun. Obviously I also love the games; Saturdays in Chapel Hill, good weather – that’s always a good time.

HC: What do you see yourself doing after graduation?

NW: I will be playing another year at UNC, but in grad school doing the MAC program.

HC: And after that?

NW: Ahh, to be determined. I would say pursue any football opportunities that may come up, and then pursue a career in consulting. (And then start my own restaurant!)

HC: Why did you come to UNC?

NW: I came to UNC because it provided the best education with high quality football and an unforgettable college town. I love Chapel Hill and I love the campus. When I first visited UNC I kinda knew on the spot I wanted to come here. I was sitting in Spanky’s and I told my parents that this is where I was gonna go.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

NW: Primarily football. Also Carolina Outreach, which I’m the Football representative for. It’s basically a community service program for UNC Athletics where we do organized service projects and volunteering. I run a pen pal program between UNC athletes and New Hope Elementary School. We deliver letters back and forth between students who are paired with a student athlete and then, at the end of the year, we have a big party at a baseball game where everyone gets to meet. I’m also a business school student ambassador. I give tours and meet with prospective students and families. I’d say that’s about it. Football is a big commitment.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?

NW: Talents? I can kick a football very, very far.

HC: That’s not a hidden talent.

NW: Hm, I would say that I have a bunch of hidden hobbies, no talents.

HC: Ok, what are your hidden hobbies?

NW: Gardening, cooking, playing with my dog, fishing.

HC: If you had all day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?

NW: I have to tell you, I’m very a boring person. I would wake up, go fishing with my dog, then come back, work in the garden, pick fresh fruits and vegetables, go inside and make food with them, go back outside and go canoeing, or just be by the water, and then finish the night with a bonfire. That would be like, the best day ever.

HC: Who do you admire most and why?

NW: That’s easy – my Dad. He has worked since like age 7, still does. He played football at the Naval Academy, went into the Navy after that, started his own company, and now he coaches high school football. He basically does everything so I try to strive to get out of that shadow and do what he does, but it’s impossible. He’s the one who taught me how to fish, how to start a garden, how to cook.

HC: Is he your big motivation for doing football in college?

NW: Not really, that was myself. My brother and sister played soccer at UVA and Pittsburgh and I was on the soccer path too, but I started playing football in high school and really liked it and I kind of made my own decision, but he supported me.

HC: Who would play you in a movie of your life?

NW: Haha, that’s such a hard question. I should’ve prepared for this. I mean, Mel Gibson’s had a couple long haired roles in “Braveheart” and the “Patriot,” so I think I’ll go with him.

HC: Tell me about the hair. What’s it like being the man-bun guy?

NW: It makes me easily recognizable, which is fine, I don’t mind that. It’s funny, everyone has a lot of fun with it. I started playing really well when my hair got long so everyone made the Samson jokes saying that’s where I got my strength from, so now I’m afraid to cut it before next season. I basically only wear it down during football otherwise it’s always in a man-bun because it’s just easier. It gets in the way and I don’t know how to make it manageable, haha!

HC: What advice would you give to future Tar Heels?

NW: I would say don’t take any days for granted. Pursue activities that you love. Don’t try to do too much. Find a few things that you really like doing and put your time and effort into those. And, always make time for friends. Everyone’s always busy, but your friends and your memories are what you’re going to take away from this place.

Sourced via Facebook with permission.

Make sure to look out for #24, Nick Weiler, on the field next fall. HCXO!