Campus Profile: Morgan Van Den Eynde ‘18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Sophomore Morgan Van Den Eynde is a Georgia native making her mark in Chapel Hill.

Name: Morgan Van Den Eynde

Age: 19

Hometown: Marietta, GA

Major: Pre-Nursing

Year at UNC:  Sophomore

Relationship Status: Forever Single

Favorite place at UNC Chapel Hill: Kenan Stadium, but not during a game though. It’s the best at night when it’s quiet and peaceful.

Organizations on campus: Future Photography Editor of the Yackety Yack Yearbook, Member of the Carolina Athletic Association Sports Marketing Committee, GIVE volunteers

Favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill: On Campus my favorite place is Healthy Bowl and on Franklin it’s got to be the patio at TOPO… yeah I’m pretty basic.

Favorite movie: She’s the Man

Biggest accomplishment: Going to school here, earning the right to be called a best friend, and somehow managing to have never turned all my white laundry pink!

Celeb Crush: Stephen Curry… Ok actually I have a crush on the Curry Family, I mean come on Ayesha Curry is actually perfect.

Ideal date scenario: I love to hike and adventure and explore, but for me it’s not really about location, I just want to have fun, be surprised, and be spontaneous.

Favorite song at the moment: My House (Flo Rida), Again (Fetty Wap) and Me, Myself & I (G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha)

Favorite Chapel Hill Tradition: Singing the Alma Mater at the end of every sporting event, win or lose.

Why did you come to UNC: I mean I fell in love with the school for what are probably some cheesy reasons: the red brick and the smiling faces and the Carolina blue, but I think I stayed because it was so incredible to get away from home and find this corner of the world where people respect and care for other people. Acceptance is not given as freely in other places as it is here, and that is what made this home.

Dream Job: I really want to work for Doctors Without Borders in Africa.

Ideal Characteristics in a Friend: Honesty and a sense of adventure

Twitter or Instagram Handles:  @morganvde

Favorite Motivational/Inspirational Quote: “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”

Favorite Places You’ve Ever Traveled To & Why: I have been to some absolutely incredible places in my life, but my trip to Nicaragua last summer truly has to be on the top of my list. On that trip I met strangers that became family, and I found this incredible passion that fueled my dreams for the rest of my future. How rare and beautiful is that? I think looking back, that is always going to be THE trip, the one that I can point to and say, “That is when my life changed forever.”

Same question, but in the U.S.: My best friends and I went to Unclaimed Baggage the summer before our freshmen year of college. It is this HUGE store where the Atlanta airport sends all of the belongings that are lost or unclaimed every week. It may not seem like much, but walk through all of those items you can’t help but wonder about the stories; who did it belong to, how did it get here, where has it been? It makes you feel pretty small and sometimes that’s a really neat feeling.

Favorite Part About Being a Tar Heel: The immense pride that you unwillingly inherit the day you decide to become a part of this place, and the fact that that feeling never leaves.

Favorite UNC memory: Totally not a fair question. There are too many moments that have brought me to where I am and there is not a chance I am picking just one.

Go To Show on Netflix: One month ago – “One Tree Hill,” Currently- “How I Met Your Mother,” but my always and forever show has got to be “Friends.”

Any study tips for your fellow Tar Heels? Spread it out over time and stop doin the “two days before the exam” suicide crunch. Also invest in a planner and write all your stuff down.

Fun fact: Morgan is is a Canadian citizen and rode horses for 12 years, but gave it up to go to school at UNC.

She’s super involved on campus and is already achieving her goal of a life with “an adventure and a story worth telling.”

Emily Padula

Chapel Hill

Hello, I'm Emily Padula! I'm currently a student at UNC Chapel Hill studying Broadcast and Electronic Journalism and Dramatic Art. When I'm not going to classes and studying, you can find me crying to my favorite Broadway show tunes and impatiently waiting for Game of Thrones to come back on air.