Campus Profile: Celeste Kendrick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

This Carolina student has the best of all worlds: credit-wise, that is. Celeste Kendrick is a UNC student who is pursuing a major in chemistry, a minor from Kenan-Flagler Business School, and an advertising minor from the School of Media and Journalism.

Year: Junior

Hometown: Shelby, N.C.

Major: Chemistry

Minors: Business, Advertising

HC: What are your plans for your chemistry major?

Celeste: Dental school is the goal. I’ve always wanted to be a dentist so I’ll start applying to schools this fall.

HC: Why the business and advertising minors?

Celeste: The business minor is to hopefully help me if I’m able to start my own dental practice one day. Also, I love to party-plan and plan for trips so I figured advertising would be a fun minor to have.

HC: What has been your favorite class so far?

Celeste: I really liked analytical chemistry. I feel like that’s strange to say, but that class was great. Plus, I’m such a chemistry nerd so I loved it!

HC: What are the pros and cons of your major/minors?

Celeste: I think the pros for chemistry are that I genuinely love science and problem solving, so chemistry is a perfect mix of the two. The con for chemistry would probably be the exams. As for business, the walk to the business school is without a doubt the con! (Lol). The pro would be the amazing resources that Kenan-Flagler offers to students. I love advertising because I can be as creative as I want and I love the atmosphere of the J-School.

HC: What is your advice for people pursuing multiple paths, like you are?

Celeste: As cliche as it sounds, nothing is impossible. If you work hard, you will get the results that you deserve. When I was a freshman, I was almost sure that I would not even make it through general chemistry, but I ended up doing fine in that class. Always work hard to get where you want to be!

Sophomore at UNC