Campus Profile: Andrea McSweeney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Andrea McSweeney

Year: Junior

Age: 22

Hometown: Needham, Massachusetts

Major: Biology B.S.

Life Motto: Everything happens for a reason.

HC: So … how about an easy question to get you warmed up. What is your favorite Carolina memory so far?

A: Being interviewed for “Campus Person” and going to a UNC basketball game.

HC: (Laughs) I’m pretty sure I went to that game with you. What is your favorite place on campus?

A: The union.

HC: I know you’re from Boston but how do you feel about all of this snow?

A: Oh, I love it!

HC: Ok. Time for a favorites speed round. Don’t think about it, just say the first thing that comes to mind. Ready?

A: Yes.

HC: Vanilla or Chocolate?

A: Chocolate.

HC: What is your favorite color?

A: Purple

HC: Food?

A: Spaghetti

HC: Movie?

A: Legally Blonde

HC: Cartoon from you Childhood?

A: Pokémon

HC: Restaurant?

A: Wagamama. Try it! You’ll like it!

HC: Song?

A: Ignition by R. Kelly. The remix version.

HC: (Sighs) That takes me back. (Laughs) Ok… Let’s slow down again now. What would you say is your biggest fear and pet peeve?

A: My biggest fear would be sharks…. Or losing my teeth. And my pet peeve is the existence of garbage and dirty dishes.

HC: Since there has been so much talk about the lottery and powerball lately, what is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?

A: Pay my tuition.

HC: Wouldn’t we all. (Sighs) If you could meet one person living or dead, who would it be and why?

A: Tina Fey because she’s hilarious

HC: If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose?

A: Smell

HC: If you were a Disney Character, who would you be?

A: Timon from the Lion King

HC: I can see it.

A: (Chuckles) Because I’m meerkaty

HC: (Laughs) no… your personality matches him. (Still laughing) Ok… back to the questions. If you wrote an autobiography, what would it be named?

A: “What am I Doing With my Life?”

HC: (Pauses) I feel like every college student’s would be similar. (sighs) Do you have any odd talents or skills?

A: Well… I’m really good at drawing stars, like without making the lines through the center.

HC: (Pauses to draw a star without center lines.) How do you even? (Finishes) We’re just going to throw that away.

A: (Laughs)

HC: What are three words that you think describe you best?

A: Chill, Creative… (pauses) A-Little-Offended-I-Wasn’t-Interviewed-for-this-Back-When-It-Was-Campus-Cutie. That’s all one word.

HC: (laughing) I’m sorry. But at least you are a celebrity. How about one more game? Let’s do a round of would you rather. Would you rather be a part of a real Jurassic park scenario or a real day after tomorrow scenario?

A: A real day after tomorrow scenario

HC: Me too. I would be the first one to be eaten in Jurassic Park. Would you rather watch a 24 hour marathon of jersey shore or sex and the city

A: Sex and the City.

HC: Always have bad hair or always have bad teeth?

A: Always have bad hair

HC: Know when people are lying or always get away with lying?

A: Always know when people are lying.

HC: Ok. How about this one dress only in styles famous 15 years ago or dress the way you did when you were 15?

A: (Laughing) Dress the way I did when I was 15. I dress pretty much the same.

HC: Would you rather eat poison ivy or a handful of bumblebees?

A: Are bumblebees the ones that can’t sting?

HC: I’m not sure. But for arguments sake lets say they do.

A: Ok…Poison ivy.

HC: (cringing) The feeling of that. (Shivers) Final question: Be Beyoncé or meet Beyoncé?

A: Be Beyoncé! I want her bank account.

HC: For tuition?

A: (Smiles and laughs)

HC: (Laughing) Thanks you for letting me interview before we have to go back to our regular schedules of school. (sighs)

A: (Laughing) No problem.

Sarah Johnson

Chapel Hill

Sarah Johnson is a Sophomore at UNC - Chapel Hill. Originally from Minnesota, Sarah decided to transfer after her Freshman year to UNC - Chapel Hill. She enjoys eating ice cream, playing most sports,and watching football. On top of that when she isn't writing articles, Sarah enjoys writing different scripts and stories. If she isn't behind the scenes, she is in front. With a double major in Dramatic Arts and English, Sarah enjoys creating stories or performing one.