Campus Cutie(s): Jacob Blount and Sean Petersen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Jacob Blount (left)

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Clinton, NC

Major: EXSS

Activities on Campus: Campus Y, Admissions Ambassadors (hopefully), Dance Marathon, Carolina Kickoff (hopefully)

Name: Sean Petersen (right)

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Hebron, CT

Major: Business and Global Studies

Activities on Campus: Campus Y, Admissions Ambassadors, Dance Marathon, Nourish UNC, Carolina Kickoff

Regardless of what year you may be, these two boys will have you vying for their attention.  Sophomore Sean Petersen is a true Northerner at heart, but UNC has him adjusting to the Southern way of life quite quickly.  In fact, he couldn’t stop talking about how excited he was for the upcoming Zac Brown Band concert and the need for Bojangles at the tailgate for Saturday’s game.  As expected, Sean did not show up to the interview alone–his newest, freshman companion Jacob Blount tagged along to see what the interview was all about.  Although Jacob is new on campus, he is far from your average first year.  In the span of this interview, hardly five minutes went by where Jacob was not waving or starting up a conversation with someone he recognized on campus.  It was hard to stick strictly to an interview with Sean when both boys were equally as social and worthy of campus cutie.  The solution: two campus cuties.  Here is what they had to share…

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

SP: Running.  But then again, what is free time? People have free time?

JB: I’m a big swimmer. Oh, and you can probably catch me making starbucks runs with Sean when we have the time.

HC: Since you both seem to like Starbucks so much, what’s your go-to drink?

SP: As cliche as it may sound, I’m a PSL fan. And for those who don’t know what that is, it’s magical (aka Pumpkin Spice Latte).

JB: I’m a chai tea latte fan.

HC: I know you both like to eat. What are your favorite restaurants?

SP: Tru Deli and Fire and Ice (hibachi).  There’s nothing better.

JB: Chick-fil-A. I’m actually getting some after this… with a large fry.

HC: In the realm of relationships, what attributes do you look for in a girl?

SP: They must be able to make me laugh.  Any girl that has a great smile and enjoys smiling is attractive. I’m drawn to a girl who is involved in the community/on campus and who is confident in herself.  Also, if a girl is spontaneous that’s a total plus–I really like to be spontaneous.

HC: Who is your #WCW?

JB: Easy. Emma Watson.

HC: What is your ideal first date?

SP: We would go to her favorite restaurant and order take out, pack it in a picnic basket, and drive out to an open field.  It would be dark already, and we would picnic and watch the stars.  If I was already in a serious relationship (not a first date), my ideal date would be going to the airport, buying two tickets for the next flight that was leaving, and stay the weekend there.

HC: Where is your dream travel destination?

SP: Fiji

JB: Sydney, Australia. I’m hoping to study abroad there at some point.

HC: Alright, you’re trapped on an island and can bring two things. What would they be?

SP: Sunglasses and a bathing suit.  That’s all I would ever need on an island.

JB: A GoPro and a snorkle.  But we both know that we would actually want our iPhones and WiFi.  

There is no better way to describe Sean and Jacob but as social, double trouble, cuties.  If you are ever in need of a cocktail date, a study buddy, or a Chick-fil-A companion, both boys are likely to jump at the opportunity.  While you may only catch them for a second between classes and meetings, I can guarantee you will be drawn to their exciting personalities.