lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Stephen Hansen ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Stephen Hansen

Nickname: My residents call me ‘Daddy’ sometimes.

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Major: Pre-Business

Relationship status: In a relationship

Involvements on campus: Dance Marathon Morale Committee, RA in Craige

Favorite food: Lasagna

Best country: ‘Merica

Man crush: Ryan Gosling

Favorite singer: Myself in the shower, I think.

Favorite song: “Come Fly With Me” by Frank Sinatra

What do you look for in a girl?

I want her to be funny, I’d like her to be smart, someone I can talk to and I’m really looking for a good friendship too.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a girl?

Mmm, I don’t like when they’re super late. I can understand a few minutes, but when they’re super late.

Have you ever used a pick up line?  

Yeah, “most of my friends call me Stephen, but you can call me anytime.”

Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Leonardo DiCaprio.

If you had all day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?

I would want to drive to the blue ridge mountain parkway and I’d love to hike for a few hours.

Do you have any special skills or talents?

I can jump over people who are 5’10’’ or under. I can.

What are you passionate about?

I’m passionate about making people feel involved in UNC, so they can have the greatest experience possible, especially for my freshman. I want them to do crazy things and have a lot of fun and not just make it about school, but make it about the social experience, and just really say they had fun in college and like they made an impact.

Who do you admire most and why?

I think the person I admire most is my grandfather. He’s the one who really taught me most about what it means to be a family man and how to balance work with the family and being successful both in your professional and personal life. I think his generosity has helped me become more giving as a person as well.

Why do you love UNC?

I love UNC because the people here are so motivated and so kind, and they’re willing to be helpful and get you through tough moments. The feeling of community here is so strough, I really feel accepted to be who I am.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I see myself either in North Carolina or Texas, and starting to change diapers.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.