Campus Cutie: Shad Albarazanji ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Shad Albarazanji.  You may know him from his songs such as “Party in the Hill” or his latest song “Dreamers.” Want to see him perform? Come out to Smooch’s Smooch-A-Palooza at the Cat’s Cradle on Thursday, April 24th. Besides performing, Shad spends his time doing philanthropic work for organizations such as Push America and was an OL for UNC this past summer

Name: Shad Albarazanji

Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC

Year: Sophomore

Major: Biology

List three words that best describe you: Not a rapper.

Favorite quote: “Hol’ up, hold my phone!” – Drizzy Drake

Favorite Movie: Taken. Liam Neeson is a boss.

Favorite Restaurant in Chapel Hill: B-Ski’s, because I used to work there in high school.

Favorite Study Spot on Campus: The studio…kidding. But I would say Graham Memorial because its relaxing, comfy, and close to where I live.

Favorite artist(s): J. Cole, Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Logic, Kendrick, too many to name!

Favorite Memory at UNC: Rushing the court after the Duke game with my roommate Trey Bright, that’s been on my bucket list for a while now.

Career goals: Worldwide tour, that would be pretty sweet.

What do you find attractive in a girl? Their eyes and smile, being confident in themselves.

Ideal date: Lobster and shrimp on the balcony of a penthouse at the top of the Hollywood Hills at night…imagine that.

Biggest turn off: Not appreciating the little things in life, not saying thank you or showing respect.

Do you have any hidden talents? I’m a hip hop artist, hopefully it won’t be a hidden talent for too long.

Who’s your celebrity crush? Mila Kunis

What are you most passionate about? Philanthropy, helping others  and making music.

What are your summer plans? I will be Biking across the country for Pi Kappa Phi’s national philanthropy Push America. It’s called the journey of hope and we bike from LA to Washington D.C. while working with people with disabilities at friendship visits each day. Overall we’re raising awareness for people with disabilities.

So collegiettes, what are you waiting for?

Macy Maness

Chapel Hill

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.