Campus Cutie: Sam Peskin ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie may be in a relationship, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look!  He’s here to share his advice on how to make long-distance relationships work, and to give you his opinion on the closing of Qdoba Mexican Grill on Franklin St. (we’re all still a little bitter about this one). He is one of the hardest-working people that I have ever met, while always staying true to his goofy and light-hearted personality.

Hometown: Barrington, Illinois

Year: Senior

Major: Undecided, I’m keeping my options open (You’re a senior, Sam…)

HC: Are you getting sentimental now that it’s your senior year at UNC?

SP: It’s sad that I have to leave UNC, but as soon as they replaced Qdoba with Jasmine, I realized it was time to go.

HC: What’s your best memory at UNC?

SP: My favorite memory was when I pass/failed ‘Intro to Rock’ and the class cheered as I handed in my exam after 10 minutes.

HC: You had an awesome internship this summer. Tell us about that.

SP: I worked at IBM as a consultant, and I got to work with some really awesome students from NYU and University of Pennsylvania. I plan on returning full time after I graduate.

HC: What is your ideal career? And in what city?

SP: My ideal career is probably to be the premier real estate agent for Antartica.

HC: Tell us something interesting that most people don’t know about you (weird hobbies, funny talents, etc.).

SP: I have a beanie baby collection of over 300.

HC: So your girlfriend and you have been dating long-distance for some time now. Give the readers some advice on how to make it work.

SP: Buy her nice things when she gets mad at you for not texting her. Also make sure to only be friends with girls that she was friends with first (His girlfriend and I are BFF’s from high school).

HC: Are you a dog or cats person?

SP: I like dogs more because they don’t claw me when I make them wear silly costumes for my personal enjoyment.

HC: Would you rather: travel the world for a year without ANY technology or forms of communication (no calling family/gf, no Facebook, etc.), or be able to have unlimited access to technology but be stuck in one city for a year?

SP: I would rather live in the same city for one year. I dont trust my ability to start fires or filter water.

So if you’re looking for a friend to travel to Antartica, start a joint-stuffed animal collection or just be downright silly with, Sam is your guy!

Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.