Campus Cutie: Matt Evans ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

First-year Matt Evans may have a difficult major, but this Asheville-raised sweetheart is easy to get along with. Evans is a Mathematical Decision Sciences major because of his love for math and statistics; similarly, Evans is as thoughtful about love as he is about equations. When he’s not playing club tennis or dining at Rams, Evans works at a sorority house as a server. Do you have what it takes to complete his equation?

HC: What is your perfect date?

ME: Anything with live music. Also going out to eat somewhere good is awesome as well.

HC: Boxers or briefs?

ME: Boxers

HC: Favorite feature in a girl?

ME: Intelligence.

HC: Best pick-up line?

ME: “You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pick-up line”

HC: Celebrity crush?

ME: Natalie Portman

HC: Favorite food?

ME: I love all Cajun food. Gumbo and Jambalaya are some of my favorites.

HC: Best type of date movie?

ME: Anything that is funny. Definitely not anything very dramatic.

HC: What do you want to be doing in 10 years?

ME: I want to have a job where I don’t have to sit at a desk all day. Ideally I want to do something where I work outside. I need to live somewhere that has a good outdoors scene (mountains, desert, beach, etc.) because I like hiking and camping.

HC: What is your ideal family plan?

ME: Probably 2 or 3 kids with a couple of pets.

HC: Favorite dessert?

ME: Pumpkin pie

Look for Matt Evans on South Campus or the tennis courts– he’s definitely a man you want to meet.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.