Campus Cutie Jacob Virgil ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Jacob Virgil

Hometown: Visalia, CA. Lived in Charlotte, NC most of my life.

Year: Senior

Major: Economics

Favorite Yopo Flavor: Blueberry with Graham cracker

Favorite Study Spot: The UL on the first floor at the tables by the windows.

Fun Fact: My family owns a brewery in Charlotte, NoDa Brewing Co. and I don’t drink…ironic.

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Motto: Work hard, work smart, be kind, help others, and have fun.

Favorite Place to Travel: Hawaii; it’s my favorite place on earth. I love literally everything about it. The beach, the mountains, the food is phenomenal, the weather’s always great and people wear Hawaiian shirts!

Where do you Most Want to Travel: Immediately after graduation I want to backpack through Europe for a month.

What is your favorite thing about UNC: How everybody is academically minded and how there is a sense of camaraderie between current students and alums. Once a Tar Heel, always a Tar Heel.

What are your plans for next year: After Europe I want to enter the workforce, something business-oriented or in the financial sector.

Who do you admire most and why: My parents because they both are incredibly hard-working and always put me and my brother ahead of themselves.

Listen up because you’ve only got one year left to get to know Jacob Virgil before the big g-word come around (seniors, you know what I mean). Jacob works as an RA in Cobb Dorm and if you ask any of his residents, I’m sure they will tell you about how easy-going and cool Jacob is. He is selfless and kind and, fun fact, he is also an incredible cook. I know first hand how good his chicken and pesto pasta is because he insisted on cooking me a birthday dinner this year—let’s see how many ways can I say that he is awesome. Jacob loves anything outdoors, especially climbing. He is a member of both The Rock Climbing Club and BatCH Ultimate Frisbee, and when he’s not running around outside, he’s standing on his feet for 24 hours with UNC Dance Marathon (side note: November 4-8 is dancer recruitment week—sign up!).

But the real reason I have selected Jacob as Campus Cutie is that he is easily the nicest and most genuinely good guy that I know. Does your best friend’s mom need help moving her furniture? Jacob is there. Need someone to bike to Mapleview Farms with you for ice cream? Call Jacob. Forgot your umbrella and it’s raining on campus? Jacob is probably already walking to meet you with one. He is that amazing. I am so lucky to have gotten to know Jacob these past few years and consider it an honor to call him my friend, you all should grab the opportunity while you still can.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.