Campus Cutie: Daniel Wilco ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

If you don’t already know him as the crazy guy who uses the DTH as a vehicle to write open letters to Larry Fedora, perhaps you have seen him around Park Library (but only in the last year), or abusing his press pass to get into UNC athletic events (JUST KIDDING WILCO!). If you don’t know him from any of these things, it’s time to meet this week’s Campus Cutie cause he’s a perfect 10.

Name: Daniel Wilco

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Atlanta

What made you decide to go out of state, and why UNC? I wanted to get out of state to experience some place new with new people, and I didn’t really have a choice when it came down to where. My parents met at Chapel Hill, my aunt and uncle taught here, my grandfather went here, etc. Tar Heel born and bred and all that jazz.

Any regrets? Lots.

What’s your dream job? Are we assuming professional watching-sports-and-yelling-at-the-TV-guy is out of the question? Then writing feature articles and columns for Sports Illustrated or ESPN.

How do you like your coffee? Like I like Mike Krzyzewski. I don’t like coffee.

What’s the first thing you would do if you were a girl for a day? Well, if I’m using all other girls as an example, I guess I’d spend the whole day not talking to me. Haha….ha.

Who is your number one #womancrushwednesday? Alex Morgan

What’s your spirit animal? Well I’ve been compared to a baby giraffe a few times, so I’ll go with that.

Favorite study spot on campus? Park Library… which I didn’t know existed until last year.

How do you feel about Larry Fedora? Hahaha, I’m pretty sure the whole campus knows that one. Great guy and a hell of a quote. I would have had a much more boring year without him. The real question is, ‘How does he feel about me?’

Favorite cheap beer? Yuengling.

First thing you’d buy if you won the lottery? A lot of Yuengling.

Since I get to claim this guy as one of my good friends, I’m happy to confirm that this synopsis sums up Daniel in his entirety. He’s funny, he’s friendly, and he’s well versed in sports terminology…so for the love of God, someone buy this man a Yuengling!

Sydney is a Public Relations major in UNC Chapel Hill's Journalism school. With two minors, most of her schedule is occupied by class, work and a position as co-president of women's water polo. She occupies her free time by fulfilling a healthy interest in fitness and an unhealthy interest in shopping.