Campus Celebrity: Christy Lambden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

It’s the time of year again! Election season has arrived at Chapel Hill and Her Campus UNC wants you to know exactly who you are voting for. You may have seen him campaigning in the pit, taking his team door-to-door or on one of your Facebook friend’s cover photos. Regardless, Christy Lambden seems to be everywhere.

Currently a junior at UNC, Christy hails from Shepton Mallet England and is double majoring in Philosophy and Political Science. As election day approaches (February 12th, everyone!), Christy has decided to make his bid for Student Body President, and he’s doing it in style. Check out his amazing website and this adorable video (“I’m voting for Christy Lambden for Student Body President because he’s British”).

What else do you need to know about this talented Brit with the lovable smile? HC is here to help you find out!

HC: What motivated you to take on the challenge of running for Student Body President?
CL: I decided to run for Student Body President because I wanted to make a difference at Chapel Hill. I believe that we as students have the ability to make a real impact on campus. If we act as a unified body, we can find a way to unify campus and advocate for the values that we hold dear to our hearts.

HC: If you had to summarize your campaign platform in three words, what would they be?
CL: Affordability, Accessibility and Unity.

HC: What other extra curricular activities are you involved with?  
CL: I have been on the cricket team at UNC for the last three years and I am currently the captain of the team. I have also been on the Mock Trial team for three years and currently serve on the Executive Board. I am also a founding member of Sigma Phi Fraternity and I have been involved in Student Government in multiple capacities including currently running for Student Body President.  

HC: What has been your favorite/most rewarding experience at UNC?
CL: Helping to create a fraternity of diverse students all of whom share similar ambitions and look to give back to Carolina. The bonds that I share with the rest of the brothers has made for a fun and rewarding experience.

HC: You are a Morehead-Cain Scholar, what has that been like?
CL: I am incredibly lucky to have been given a Morehead-Cain scholarship. I have tried to make the most of every opportunity that the foundation has given to me. I have gotten to meet and work with a lot of incredible people and friends over the course of the last three years. I will forever be grateful to the foundation that helped me come to Carolina.

HC: What do you hope to do after you leave UNC?
CL: I am currently hoping to go to law school in the United States.

HC: What is your favorite lazy day activity?
CL: I’ll let you know when I get a free day!

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!