This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Having done everything from leading celebrities down MTV’s red carpet to working on the Michael Vick marketing and sales account, Amy Kreis has a bright future. Amy is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication/Communication Studies double major at UNC-CH, and won’t be graduating without an impressive resume brimming with relevant work experience.

HC: How many internships have you had?

AK:  Too many.

HC: Which of your internships has been the most rewarding so far?

AK: I am most proud of my work at MTV. Being selected from over 2,500 applicants was really rewarding. It was really a dream come true. Being a part of a brand I really care about was incredible.

HC: What did you enjoy most about working for MTV?

AK:  I love the culture at MTV. Everyone is so friendly. It was one of the first times I felt like my ideas were truly valued as an intern.

HC: What was the most exciting thing that happened to you during your internship?

AK: Working the red carpet as talent escort at the VMA’s! I have watched MTV since I was 12 or 13. And standing next to Justin Timberlake wasn’t too bad either!! Or One Direction for that matter.

Amy (left) escorting professional snowboarder Shaun White down the red carpet.

Shae Allison

Chapel Hill

Shae Allison is a sophomore Multimedia major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is originally from Tabernacle, NJ, but currently lives in Denver, NC. She is a photographer for Her Campus UNC. She is currently interning at The Durham Herald Sun as a photographer. She is also a photographer for UNC's Blue & White magazine as well as The Daily Tar Heel. She loves spending time at the lake and at the beach. Some of her interests are music, fashion and beauty. She is also loves animals, especially dogs!
Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.