Best Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

It’s the end of the school year and with the end of classes and the start of summer plans, there’s that small gap of doing absolutely nothing. So while you’re bored at home turn on your computer and log onto your Netflix account. Her Campus has a list of TV shows, you should definitely binge watch this summer.

House of Cards

If political drama suits your fancy, check out this Netflix exclusive that follows Frank Underwood, played by Kevin Spacey, a ruthless and conniving politician from South Carolina who will stop at nothing to get ahead in his career. The series has received record nominations including three Emmys in 2013.

One Tree Hill

With less politics and more sports, this drama follows the lives of two half-brothers and their friends in fictional Tree Hill in North Carolina. Get nostalgic as you watch Chad Michael Murray in his breakout actor days portray a hunky star athlete.

Once Upon a Time

If you’re more for fantastical fiction, binge on this fairy tale drama where characters such as Snow White and Prince Charming find themselves in the “real world” where true love and happy ending aren’t so easily achieved. You won’t be able to close your computer as each episode will leave you wanting more.

Lost

From the makers of Once Upon a Time, this serial drama follows a group of survivors from a plane crash on a mysterious tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. With 18.6 million viewers in only its first episode, at the time, the show marked ABC’s strongest ratings since 2000 when Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

How I Met Your Mother

Just because the final episode already aired, who says you can’t watch it from the beginning? The series follows the main character, Ted Mosby, and his group of friends in Manhattan as Ted retells the story of how he met his wife to his kids in the year 2030. The show ensues for many laughs along the way as you begin to grow and love each character throughout.

Now that school is out for the summer, you don’t have to feel guilty about being lazy and watching TV. So curl up under the covers, open your laptop and pick a show. With Netflix the choices are endless!

Kelsie Gibson

Chapel Hill

Kelsie Gibson is a senior Communication Studies major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is from Kannapolis, NC. She is a member of Phi Beta Chi sorority. She loves to sing, act, write, and spend time with family and friends.