The Best Movies to Watch After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

Sadly, Spring Break has ended, and we have to return to school until summer arrives. Thankfully, the tried-and-true method of drowning your sorrows by watching awesome movies will always help lift your spirits! Here are 7 HC-approved movies to curl up with after Spring Break.

10 Things I Hate About You

As if we needed an excuse to watch this classic. 10 Things I Hate About You takes place during the spring in the beautiful Seattle area. Watching the love story of Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger unfold will make you forget about how much you miss not having class. The movie highlights all the fun spring activities you can do, like going on a paintball date or getting ready for formal/prom.

Spring Breakers

If you want to pretend like the beloved Spring Break didn’t just come to an end, watch this movie! Watching this crazy crime movie will make you thankful for the relaxing Spring Break you spent watching Netflix in bed, instead of going on a wild girls trip to Florida.

22 Jump Street

If you need to take a break from writing your first paper when you get back from break, and need to laugh a little, watch 22 Jump Street. This movie will draw you out of your pit of despair from schoolwork. There are no better actors than Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum to make you forget all about that lab report that’s due tomorrow. There is no better stress relief than Jonah Hill’s jokes.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Once you get back from Spring Break, your mind shifts from waiting for Spring Break to waiting for something even better: summer. Watch this movie to get some travel inspiration, and then plan an epic summer with your closest girlfriends. If watching Lena fall in love with Kostas in Greece doesn’t inspire you, I don’t know what will.

17 Again

If the responsibilities of being a college student are dragging you down and you just want to go back to the easy high school days, just watch 17 Again. Watching a 37-year-old man transform back into a 17-year-old will make you thankful that you’re still young. It will also remind you that we all get one shot and need to make the most of it while we can.

The Last Song

The Last Song is another movie to add to your summer daydreaming. If you’re getting ready to spend your summer in a new place and are feeling nervous about it, just watch this Nicholas Sparks classic. The movie is all about finding yourself during your teenage years and adjusting to change. Not to mention, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth aren’t too hard to watch either.

Endless Love

If The Last Song doesn’t have you daydreaming about finding a summer love, Endless Love will. Watching the shy Jade Butterfield fall for bad boy Davis Elliot will have you swooning at your screen. The movie takes place over one summer and shows that time isn’t everything.

Keep in mind that summer is just around the corner and that these movies can keep you company through the last couple months of essays and exams!

Raquel McLeod

Chapel Hill

Tessa Palmer

Chapel Hill

Tessa is a senior English major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She enjoys crocheting, watching Netflix, and petting fluffy animals.