The Best Local Halloween Attractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As Halloween approaches everyone is getting in the spirit and everything from haunted houses to corn mazes have sprung up across the state to remind us that fall has arrived and all Hallows Eve is just around the corner. For a look at some of the Halloween attractions in the area check out the list below!

Haunted Forest at Panic Point
Raleigh Area

Bundle up and grab someone you trust for this haunted trail! Tucked away into the dark of the night you’ll be left to grope your way through a series of gory scenes with terror lurking at every corner. If you’re looking for additional thrills Panic Point is the place, they’ve got a Zombie Shootout (yes you get to shoot real (fake) zombies with a paintball gun!), a Ghost Bus, the Leap of Death, and much more! For more information and directions check out Panic Point here.

Clayton Fear Farm
Clayton, N.C.

Come to Clayton Fear Farm for your pick of terrors, literally. They’ve got six terrifying trails, both indoor and outside, for you to chose from. You can test your luck through the Fear Farm Academy set to the scene of your worst school time nightmare, and no I don’t mean they’re dropping you back off at high school. If school isn’t you’re thing they’ve even got a haunted hay ride…let’s hope you make it back. An all inclusive ticket for all six events will run you about $25 but it’s well worth it for you fill of thrills! For more information check out Fear Farm here.

Ganyard Hill Farm
Durham, N.C.

If being terrorized isn’t quite your thing don’t worry there’s still plenty of festive options for you to enjoy! Ganyard Hill Farms in Durham has Barnyard Animals, a Pumpkin Patch, and Corn Mazes! Their 5-acre corn field stands over 6’ 7” so unless we seriously need to sign you up for the basketball team good luck finding your way out of this one! Check out Ganyard Hill Farms here for more information.

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!