This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Here are some of my favorite Halloween movies and shows that are on Disney Plus! 

Hocus Pocus

This classic Halloween movie came out in 1993, and it is a must-watch for spooky season. Grab your friends, make some cookies and watch this movie — but beware, the witches may put a spell on you!

Wizards of Waverly Place: S3 E2 “Halloween” 

Alex Russo wears her iconic “costume” t-shirt in this Wizards of Waverly Place Halloween special. In this episode, the Russos go to the wizard world to gather up some ghosts for their haunted house. 

Halloweentown (1998)

The Halloweentown series started with the original Halloweentown in 1998. In these movies, we follow Marnie Piper’s journey after she finds out from her grandmother that she is a witch. 

Suite Life of Zack and Cody: S1 E19 “Ghost of 613” 

I’m not going to lie, this episode used to be so scary to me. Zack, Cody, Maddie, London and Esteban go into the forbidden Suite 613 to try to see if there is really a ghost. 

Twitches

Tia and Tamera star in this 2005 Disney film. They play twin witches — hence the name Twitches — that were separated at birth. When they reunite, they have to work together to save the world they were born in, where their mom still lives. 

I love spooky season, and these movies and shows really make me feel like I am a kid again, and make me extra excited for Halloween! 

Emily Murray

Chapel Hill '22

Emily Murray is a junior at UNC, double majoring in Biology and English. She loves reading and writing poetry. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @emilyrmurray1.