8 Ideas for a Fun and COVID-Conscious Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Have you been searching for fun activities to do on your weekends? Look no further!

Apple Picking

Apple picking is a great way to spend a nice day, especially with the sunny and crisp weather we’ve had the last few weekends! Click here for a list of apple-picking spots near Chapel Hill. 

Organized Arts and Crafts

I love to craft, but it’s difficult for me to find inspiration when I craft alone. Chapel Hill Parks and Rec has a long list of both indoor and outdoor classes you can sign up for in October to get your craft fix!

Hike

Hiking is a great way to stay active and enjoy nature, but it can be challenging depending on the route you take! Chapel Hill has a great trail guide website to help you pick which trail is best for you.

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween is right around the corner! Why not get a headstart on your decorations? There are plenty of pumpkin patches around the Chapel Hill area. Spring Haven Farm even hosts an event where you can carve pumpkins with goats!

Fall Photoshoot

The leaves are gorgeous outside, so take advantage! You can find some fantastic scenery around town and get some awesome pictures. Remember to wear masks if you go with friends, or you can go solo and use your phone camera’s self-timer.

Bake. Everything. 

I use fall as an excuse to bake any recipe I can find. Cakes, pies, brownies, you name it! The best part is that, a lot of times, you can find recipes that cut out the hard part, like making the pie crust (AKA the bane of my existence). 

Farmers Market

If you’re around the Chapel Hill area, the Carrboro Farmers’ Market is definitely a place to check out! There are a ton of great vendors. Bakers, farmers, and charcuteries can all be found there. Every specialty item you need or want is there!

Takeout Dinner

Ordering in is a great way to support local businesses during the pandemic. Takeout Central has a great list of restaurants in the Chapel Hill area for you to choose from! Want to step it up a notch? Make it a dinner date! You and a friend or a significant other can have a socially-distant dinner date by ordering food from the same restaurant and watching a movie together on Netflix Party!

It can be difficult to find COVID-conscious activities to do over the weekends. Hopefully, this list will help you find fun activities to fill your weekends. Remember to stay socially distant, wear a mask and wash your hands often!

Eve Bennett

Chapel Hill '23

I am a current sophomore who writes and edits for Her Campus Chapel Hill.