This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As I do almost every month, the other day I went through and unfollowed some accounts that weren’t bringing me any more joy. After clearing out the negativity and getting rid of the ones that were too material in their posting, I started looking at the accounts I love and the women that make them so inspiring.

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Busy Philipps: @busyphilipps

You may remember Busy from her roles in Freaks & Geeks or Dawson’s Creek, but this chick is one of the most honest humans in Hollywood. She’s a devoted mother who keeps it real when talking about how much she cares for her kids, and she’s always down to give us a very real glimpse into her everyday routines. I absolutely love following her because of her eccentric style and her talkative Instagram stories where there’s always a new story to tell.

2. America Ferrera: @americaferrera

America had my heart when she played Carmen in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but I’ve stayed a loyal fan because of her compassionate personality and her commitment to politics. She’s also a fiercely strong Latina that doesn’t take no for an answer and always stands up for what she believes in. Her posts range from adorable shots of her and her son to touring the country on the fight for things like gun control and women’s rights, and I can’t get enough of it.

3. Sophia Bush: @sophiabush

You probably remember her as the badass Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill, but Sophia Bush is one of my favorite actresses and activists to date. Her posts range from beautiful adventures to inspiring acts of civil duties, and she’s always doing something to better the world. She inspires me every day and that’s why she will always survive my purge and continue to bless my feed.

4. Priyanka Chopra: @priyankachopra

Priyanka Chopra is so beautiful and talented that I want to hate her but honestly just can’t. She’s so down to earth and never forgets to speak about her Indian heritage and her time in Bollywood. Her feed is full of gorgeous shots in glamorous gowns, but she’s also an inspiring activist for things like International Women’s Day and is a close friend and supporter of Meghan Markle! PLUS she’s getting married to Nick Jonas and more cute couple pics are sure to follow!

5. Kacey Musgraves: @spaceykacey

I don’t remember when exactly I started following Kacey Musgraves, but I couldn’t imagine my social media routines without her. She’s my perfect combination of Willie and Dolly, and her style is like a retro fairytale dipped in glitter. Kacey is so authentic as a musician and celebrity, and she and her husband are so dang cute. No matter what, if I want to get inspired, I go to her page first.

6. Zoe Sugg: @zoesugg

I started following Zoe in 2013, and I’ve loved watching time pass through her YouTube videos and her adorable Instagram posts. But what I love most about Zoe is that she doesn’t just post about her dog or her boyfriend; she’s very open about her struggles with mental health and anxiety. It’s refreshing to follow someone that is truthful about the struggles of being in the spotlight, and Zoe does it with such grace. I’m really excited to see all her posts about Christmas because her decorations are ALWAYS amazing.

I hope that you look into these wonderful women and follow them, if you don’t already. They are beautiful and inspiring, and I learn something new from each of them. The best thing about social media is that you can control what you want to see, so you can find a place of peace in your feed and use Instagram to your advantage!

Miranda Veal

Chapel Hill '20

Miranda is a junior at UNC Chapel Hill. She is currently pursuing a degree in Advertising as well as Social and Economic Justice. She is the recruitment and retention sub-chair for the UNC Dance Marathon. She is passionate about equality, true-crime and exotic food. When she isn't overcommitting herself, Miranda enjoys cooking, binge watching, petting cats and drinking coffee.