This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

In honor of Ben and Jerry’s free cone day, Her Campus Chapel Hill is bringing you…. The best places to get ice cream on Franklin Street! The weather is warming up and there is no better way to celebrate spring than by grabbing some ice cream with friends!

1. Trolly Stop

Although it is not a well-known option, Trolly Stop carries Maple View Ice Cream. Maple View is a famous farm and ice cream shop outside Chapel Hill. While venturing out to the farm makes for a great afternoon trip, it is not possible for everyone. If you want quality ice cream but don’t want to go further than Franklin, stop by Trolley Stop to satisfy all your cravings.

2. Ben and Jerry’s

A well-known chain, Ben and Jerry’s had to be included on the list. They have a great location on Franklin and a ton of options. They have all the options from vegan ice cream to sorbet. Chocolate Fudge Brownie is a personal favorite of mine but you can’t go wrong with any choice!

3. Cold Stone Creamery

Another popular chain located just down the road from Ben and Jerry’s. Cold Stone offers a variety of flavors with all the toppings you can imagine. They will actually mix the toppings into your ice cream on a slab of granite before serving it to you if you ask. They also have deals on their sign out front so be sure to check it out before you go in!

4. Med Deli 

The market side of med deli also sells Maple View Ice Cream. Unlike Trolley Stop, Med Deli sells their homemade ice cream in pints instead of in a cup or a cone. This is a much more cost-effective option since you get more ice cream for your money. Grab a pint for your girls night in and eat your heart out while binge watching Netflix, you deserve it.

5. Yopo

For those of you that are on the frozen yogurt train, Franklin has options for you too. Yopo is a Chapel Hill classic and is always offering new flavors. They have great sizes for an affordable price. They have been serving Chapel Hill since 1982 so it goes without saying that Yopo is a staple.

6. Insomnia Cookies

If you are looking for some warm cookies to go with your ice cream, stop by Insomnia on Franklin. Your mouth will be watering the minute you step inside. My personal favorite is the cookiewich option on the menu. You get your choice of ice cream placed between two freshly baked, warm cookies. Be sure to keep some napkins on hand because this delicious concoction can get a little messy.

Follow your sweet tooth to one of these delicious eateries this week and treat yourself to an end of the work week snack!