freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Spend Your Valentine’s Day: Single Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Valentine’s Day for most girls can either be seen as their best friend or worst enemy depending on their current relationship status. Being single is not the end of the world — there are many perks and upsides to being able to plan your own Valentine’s Day for yourself. This singles survival guide will give everyone the perfect solution to having a successful Valentine’s Day this year. 1. Go Splurge On YourselfWe all have felt the pressure to get the perfect Valentine’s gift for your significant other, never actually knowing what they want or need. Now, I know that as girls we all have our eye on something we have to have and this is the perfect opportunity to go out and buy yourself that something special. You can take that money you would’ve spent on someone else and splurge on something for yourself whether that is a new pair of boots, clothes, or simply going to get your nails done. Spring is just around the corner so it’s the perfect time to go out and buy yourself something new! 2. Cook Up a Tasty MealWhat’s better than the satisfaction of cooking a delicious meal and it being small enough to not have leftovers? This site above gives 7 easy meals for one person that any of you can cook up on Valentine’s Day. I know I love to eat and instead of having to worry about pleasing someone else with your cooking skills all you have to do is cook something yummy that you love. 3. Go See A Love Movie With Your Other Single FriendsThis Valentine’s Day, a modern version of the Notebook is coming to theaters. Endless Love tells the story of a young boy and girl who fall in love, but face the opposition of the girl’s parents. Endless Love is the movie that all girls are talking about this Valentine’s Day. Those with a boyfriend are either trying to force their significant other to go see this movie with them or having to wait until after Valentine’s Day. All you have to do is grab a group of your single friends, grab yourself a large popcorn and go! 4. Go Out and Meet Other SinglesMany Club and Bars have Valentine’s Day specials, so for those busy-bodies out there this is the perfect option for Valentine’s Day. Grab your hottest dress and get a group of your favorite single girl friends to come out with you. It’s a fun way to meet new people and avoid sitting at alone at home on the special day. 5.    Have a Movie Night With Your Celebrity CrushIf you can’t get the crush of your dreams this Valentine’s Day, you always have your favorite Hollywood Man to lean back on. Personally my one true love is Channing Tatum, because he can do no wrong. Whether its love stories like The Vow and Dear John or a sexy movie like Magic Mike there are many options for your Valentines movie binge. Grab yourself some buttered popcorn from the store and a warm fuzzy blanket and you are all set!

Enjoy!

Macy Maness

Chapel Hill

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.