5 Simple Ways to Make Every Day Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

After Valentine’s Day it’s easy to let your warm lovey-dovey feelings go away. But shouldn’t Valentine’s Day be every day? Here are 5 awesome tips to keep the V-Day flame alive:

1.     Plan a monthly date night

Couples tend to plan out their Valentine’s Day annually but forget to make special dates together throughout the rest of the year. It’s easy to set aside one weekend a month and find something fun to do together. These dates can be as simple as having a game night or as elaborate as going on a trip together.

2.     Be spontaneous

Bring excitement back into your relationship! Take a random road trip. Buy a surprise present. Go on a scavenger hunt. Just do something out of the ordinary to keep your relationship fresh.

3.     Get a little fancy

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be the only day you dress up for your significant other. Throw on a dress every once in a while, put on your high heels, and stunt. Be fabulous.

4.     Show interest

Don’t forget to just do the basic stuff like asking about his day or trying something he likes. Sometimes doing the little things can make a world of difference.

5.     Be one of the guys (sometimes)

Get to know his friends. There’s nothing worse than a girlfriend who can’t watch a football game and eat chicken wings with the fellas. Definitely don’t let every date include playing video games or watching sports with his friends, but doing it every once in a while will show that you care.

With these five simple suggestions, you’re sure to keep the flame alive longer than just one day a year!

Paige Hopkins

Chapel Hill

Paige Hopkins is a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill from Charlotte, North Carolina. Paige is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor as well as the treasurer for the UNC chapter. She is a journalism major with a focus on reporting. She is interested in print journalism as well as broadcast. Paige loves all things fashion and beauty; she spends her free time reading magazines, writing for the arts desk for her school paper and online shopping. She also plays volleyball and enjoys watching sports, especially when the Heels are playing.
Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.