5 Nostalgic Halloween Costumes You Can Still Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Halloween is easily my favorite holiday, and I cannot wait for it to be here! Obviously, my favorite part is dressing up, which has been my favorite part of Halloween since I was a kid. If you’re feeling that same childhood nostalgia, here are some throwback costumes you could still definitely get back out.

1. Jack O’Lantern

For my very first Halloween, my mom dressed me up as a pumpkin. You can do a slightly older version of this with an orange outfit and jack-o-lantern makeup.

2. Witch

Witches are having a huge moment in pop culture right now, and they have always been popular choices for Halloween costumes. If you own a lot of black clothes, this could be a very low-effort option that looks great.

3. Little Red Riding Hood

Even if you don’t trick or treat anymore, Little Red is iconic and a great choice that is fun and girly. All you need is a red cape and a dress, and you have a costume everyone will get!

4. Animals

Cats, dogs, mice and any other creature you can think of are costumes that are easy to pull off and can be as comfortable as you want! If you enjoy doing makeup, you could get really into special effects makeup and lenses or just stick with eyeliner whiskers.

5. Princess

I remember loving my blue Cinderella costume when I was little. If you like glitter and sparkles, live your best life and dress up like the royalty you are.

Which throwback costume do you still wear for Halloween?

Isabel Uzsoy

Chapel Hill

Isabel is a junior at UNC majoring in computer science and English literature. She enjoys reading, coffee, and good times with good friends.