5 New Albums For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Justin Timberlake

Starting off the year by releasing “Suit and Tie,” his first single since 2007, Justin Timberlake is determined to make 2013 his year.  Released March 19, Justin’s third studio album The 20/20 Experience sold just short of a million copies in its first week of release. He is set to take the stage this summer on a 12-date excursion with friend Jay-Z on their Legends of the Summer tour.  Timberlake recently announced that a part two of 20/20 will be released in the fall of this year.

Demi Lovato

After much success with her post-rehab 2011 release Unbroken, Demi Lovato is back after much anticipation with her latest release, Heart Attack. After leaking on the Internet a week early, Hollywood Records pushed the release up.  The upbeat track was received well by “Lovatics” and critics alike.  Demi released the album artwork Monday along with a release date. Her fourth studio album, DEMI, will be available May 14.

Lady Antebellum

Lady A released “Downtown” the first single off their fourth album at the end of January.  It quickly became the group’s highest chart debut of their career coming in at No. 25 on the Billboard Hot 100.  The music video for the funky new song released March 6.  The band also recently announced, Golden, their upcoming album which will be released May 7. Band member Charles Kelley said that they wanted to step out of the box with this album.  He says it has more tempo than previous records paired with “a little attitude.”

Fall Out Boy

Middle school just wouldn’t have been the same without the angsty soundtrack provided by alternative rock band Fall Out Boy.  After a lengthy hiatus, the band released their first track “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)” to much anticipation. The band’s summer tour quickly sold out.  Their album, Save Rock and Roll, will be released April 15.  In the mean time, you can check out the second single off the album – “The Phoenix.”

UNC Clef Hangers

The Clefs just released a teaser of their upcoming album, The Mallard.  The track, “Madness”, is a cover of Muse’s #1 single from their album The 2nd Law. The new album is set to release April 13th coinciding with their annual spring concert.  This year’s concert will be held at Carmichael Arena in honor and celebration of the group’s 35th anniversary.  Tickets can be purchased through the Union box office.

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!