skincare lineup. 5 products
skincare lineup. 5 products
Orignal photo by Graci Daby
Style > Beauty

5 of My Current Favorite Skincare Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As someone who lives and breathes by the products on my vanity, skincare products are my favorite. From toners to moisturizers to eye creams — I love them all. I used to struggle with acne in high school, but now that my face has cleared up (besides the monthly breakouts), I try to be very picky about what I put on my skin. I’ve discovered some newer products I love recently that I want to share and a couple of products that I’ve been using for nearly a year that are to-die-for. 

Neutrogena Skin Balancing Milky Cleanser

This cleanser is made for sensitive and dry skin, both of which I have. Its texture is milky but not thick, allowing for gentle cleansing and exfoliating. It has 2% polyhydroxy acid, which isn’t as harsh as the salicylic acid found in many skincare products, and it helps with post-zit dark spots and scars! This silky cleanser smooths and conditions my skin and doesn’t leave it feeling raw or dried out. In my routine, I use this face wash in the shower every night to get my skin nice and hydrated before bed. Neutrogena’s skin balancing cleanser works for all skin types as well, just in case your skin is not like mine! As an added bonus, the bottle is adorable, and it’s only around $8.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

If I had to pick an all-time favorite skincare product, it would be this one. I have been using this micellar cleaning water for over a year and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It does an AMAZING job getting all of my makeup off — even reluctant eyeliner — without over-drying my skin and leaving it red. I pair it with my 100% organic NAKED COTTON pads from White Rabbit and it removes any makeup without any harsh rubbing. Micellar water also doubles as a cleanser; I like to use it after washing my face to make sure I’ve removed all my makeup and have my skin prepped for moisturizer. This cleanser is around $7-10 depending on where you shop. I could not imagine my skincare routine without this product. 

Circcell ABO +|- Face Serum

Circcell’s products are expensive but are no joke when it comes to results. This face serum is the perfect thickness and adds tons of moisture to my skin. It’s silky and smooth, but also visibly diminishes fine lines (like the ones under my eyes). I’m only 21, so I don’t exactly need an anti-aging serum, but it’s never too early to combat wrinkles and lines, and I feel this serum does it well! Circcell’s products are also vegan, have no parabens or phthalates and are made in the USA! This product retails for $125, but a little goes a long way. I’ve had the 1fl oz. bottle for over two months and it’s not even half empty. 

LilyAna Naturals Face Cream

This face cream is a game-changer. The 1.7oz bottle seems like it would last forever, and the packing is cute and vintage. The product itself is thick and creamy, making a little go a long way, so I can put it all over my face and neck. Although it’s thick, it blends out super well and doesn’t leave my face looking greasy, just hydrated. The first time I used it, I noticed the red blemish on my face instantly become less noticeable and irritated. My skin physically felt smooth after, too. LilyAna’s products are also vegan, made in the USA, cruelty-free, free of parabens, gluten, fragrance and more. Plus, they have a money-back guarantee. This bottle is $23, but they also have sales and discounts on the website! Highly recommend snagging this and adding it to your regimen. 

BeautyCounter All Bright C-Serum

This. Serum. Is. Amazing. It has 10% of two different types of vitamin C (the max allowed in a product) which brighten up dark spots while preventing new ones from forming. I have never used a serum that heals acne spots and scars like this one. The serum soaks into the skin super quickly and leaves my face feeling refreshed and brightened. The texture is very light and smooth, but again, a little goes a long way. I’ve been using the same 1 fl. oz. bottle for nearly a year and there’s likely at least half left. There is simply no other Vitamin C serum on the market like this one. Not to mention, Beautycounter is a clean-beauty company with a great mission. The bottle retails for $82, but there’s a discount on your first purchase. This serum is a product you need in your routine.  

Skincare is an important part of all of our everyday routines. These are the products I love, but not everyone’s skin works the same. Be sure to find products that work for you and your skin type, then you will be just as excited about skincare as I am!

Graci Daby

Chapel Hill '22

Graci is a junior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying advertising and public relations. She has passions for digital art and content creating, writing and poetry, fashion, iced coffee, and pop culture.