Beauty School Ceros Hub Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Beauty School Ceros Hub Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

5 Makeup Products I Can’t Live Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Everybody has makeup products that they can’t live without, their ride or die products, the holy grails for their skin, eyes, or lips. So I, being a makeup junkie, have narrowed down my list to a top five. Here are the five makeup products I can’t live without and why I love them so much.

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($27)

Quite plainly, I love Tarte Shape Tape Concealer. It’s the best concealer I have ever used! My under eyes have a little bit of darkness to them, and it covers it up perfectly. This concealer has good coverage, doesn’t look cakey and doesn’t crease; I’ve never found one that does all three of those things, and it’s long-lasting! I usually apply it with a beauty blender, and a little goes a long way. As of now, I can honestly say this is my holy grail concealer! Also, the shade range goes a long way as there are 30 shades to choose from. 

Fenty Beauty Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner ($22)

Precision, pigment, and long-lasting results — that’s what you get with this liquid eyeliner. You’ll never have to do retouches or worry about smudges. This liner is the just best. The tip is extra pointy and extra juicy. The triangular shape of the pen makes it very easy to grip and hold steady so I always get a perfect line in one stroke, no Q-Tip touch-ups necessary. Most importantly, this liner isn’t lying when it claims to last longer. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($26)

Now, I know people tend to disagree about whether mascara should be a staple for your make-up collection, but I truly believe it is. On the days I don’t feel like wearing makeup, this miracle mascara always makes my lashes pop. I am also someone with short stubby eyelashes, and this mascara makes my lashes look ten times longer without having to put any extra work into it. 

Anastasia Beverly Hill Dipbrow Pomade ($18)

THIS IS MY ULTIMATE HOLY GRAIL. Without this product, I really don’t know where I would be today. Who would’ve thought ABH would be the brow bearer of my dreams? This is such a precious little pot and not a single pencil from my past can compare. I always do my brows first and use an angled brush to apply where my brow fullness falls short. Although it’s a waxy formula, it sets really nicely and keeps my brows in place all day. It’s also smudge-proof, waterproof and long-lasting. I have worn this in the heat all day, and it stays perfectly intact.

NARS Lipstick ($26)

This is the first high-end lipstick I ever bought, so it holds a special place in my heart. The color is eye-catching, but I still love to wear it for a casual day if I’m feeling fancy. This really goes for any shade as the formula is one of the best I’ve ever used — it’s creamy, it’s soft and so easy to apply! 

Trust me, you don’t have to be an expert to try these products. You may have different top fives, or top threes, or tens for that matter, but if you’re looking to try new products, these are the five I cannot live without. 

Gabby is a sophomore at UNC-Chapel Hill, studying advertising and public relations.