Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

5 Holiday Favorites from Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

If you love the holidays and Trader Joe’s, this article is for you! Trader Joe’s seasonal items have hit the shelves, and they’re so delicious. I’ve rounded up some of this year’s best Trader Joe’s holiday items, so you can grab your favorites before they sell out again.

Turkey & Stuffing Seasoned Kettle Chips

I absolutely love the Turkey & Stuffing Seasoned Kettle Chips. With all the flavors of Thanksgiving dinner in a crunchy, salty kettle chip, they are a true holiday favorite. Eating these chips is like having a Thanksgiving feast in your mouth! Too bad they’re just a seasonal item because I could eat them all year round!

Scandinavian Tidings Gummies 

A Christmas favorite I love is a play off of Trader Joe’s original Scandinavian swimmer’s gummies; these are the Scandinavian Tidings gummies. This is a seasonal take on the candy gummies that features holiday shapes, flavors, and colors. These are the most delicious gummy candies. Perfect texture, plus they are vegan! Some of the shapes include a star, a Christmas tree and a snowflake ornament!

Almond Eggnog 

The third holiday season favorite is Trader Joe’s Almond Eggnog — perfect if you are dairy-free and love eggnog. This vegan take on eggnog is gluten-, dairy-, egg-, and soy-free, so more people can enjoy the festive beverage this year. The flavor of the eggnog is unrivaled in deliciousness. So, nog lovers, rest assured, this holiday drink aims to do justice to the original flavor of the nogs of holidays past — just with a modern, almond-milky twist.

Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s

Next up is Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s. These are like Trader Joe’s take on Oreos, and these sandwich cookies have a seasonally inspired candy cane flavor. Serve with a piping hot cup of cocoa for a wintertime indulgence! These cookies are crunchy, sweet and made with real peppermint oil instead of flavoring. These are definitely one of my holiday favorites.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Lastly, is the Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Trader Joe’s has combined luxuriant bittersweet chocolate with a hint of peppermint to create a hot chocolate treat that will warm you inside and out. This is not traditional hot cocoa; it has a rich powerful flavor that is just perfect for the holidays!

BONUS: Advent Calendar for Dogs

An extra holiday delight that Trader Joe’s currently has is an Advent Calendar for Dogs. This calendar comes filled with Salmon and Sweet Potato Dog Treats, Smoked Salmon Treats and more perfect treats for your pet. And it’s a wonderful treat for your pet during the holiday season — let them in on the festivities too! 

Head to your local Trader Joe’s today, and don’t miss out on the holiday favorites. They sell out fast, so be sure to make it in time!

Gabby is a sophomore at UNC-Chapel Hill, studying advertising and public relations.