4 Best Female Villains in Horror

Women don’t exactly have a strong reputation in horror movies. They’re typically naked, clumsy and ditzy. If you’re like me, you gravitate towards horror movies with female leads or female villains that are smarter than their male counterparts. For those looking for some new evil women to support this Halloween, I’ve listed a few great female villains that are simply badass and completely worth watching. Tis the season for horror movies—who doesn’t love a strong female villain to root for?

wolfenstein GIF

Carrie

Carrie is the female lead in the horror movie Carrie who happens to have telekinetic powers. She was sheltered by her religious fanatic mother and ruthlessly bullied by her classmates until she finally had enough. When she is humiliated at her prom, she sets the school on fire and begins her killing spree. Completely justifiable, right?

brian de palma carrie GIF

Tiffany Valentine

Tiffany, otherwise known as the Bride of Chucky, appears in almost all Chucky movies, making her an important figure in the series. She sports a gothic look: black lipstick, eyeshadow, a leather jacket and a tattoo. Unlike Chucky, Tiffany typically only kills people when she feels they deserve it. She is also a hopeless romantic, despite her love for killing, making her more compassionate and remorseful than her male counterpart.

bride of chucky television GIF

Baby Firefly

Baby Firefly is a seemingly innocent female character in Rob Zombie’s series House of 1000 Corpses. The audience quickly finds out that, while she may blend in with the public, she’s a criminal wanted for murder, prostitution, grand theft auto and the list goes on. She’s flirty, sexy, manipulative and sadistic—everything you could want in a female character.

Houseof1000corpses Robzombie GIF - Houseof1000corpses Robzombie Lick GIFs

Akasha

Speaking of sexy female characters, Akasha in Queen of the Damned is another flirty and manipulative female villain. As the first vampire, her plan is to take over the world (every woman’s wish). She’s almost invincible but is eventually defeated when she’s betrayed by the other ancient vampires and her power is diminished.

queen of the damned film GIF