12 Things to Expect From President Kanye in 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Rapper, writer, fashion designer, father; what more could Kanye add to his resume? How about president of the United States. After he allegedly “rolled up a little sum’” at the VMA Awards last Sunday, Kanye announced to the world that he would be throwing his hat in the ring for the 2020 election.

So in anticipation for his election, here’s 20 things we can expect from President Kanye in 2020

1. More focus on the kids

Kanye has appeared to put a lot of emphasis on the importance of the kids and future generations during his speech, so maybe we can expect more education reform as well as a president who’s in touch with the youth of the country.  

2. Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Kardashians Take the White House

This seems like a great opportunity for the next seasons of KUWTK. The whole gang may have to relocate, but the drama will be escalated to a whole new level. Maybe it will even educate their audience about the dramas of politics.  

3.  More patriotism

Not only does Kanye believe he is the best artist on the planet, he will think he is the best president to ever be in office. This kind of pride will easily rub off on the the average American, causing a surge of patriotism and album purchases.

4.  Strong selfie game from our first lady

As First Lady, Kim will provide ample selfies in the oval office, the master bathroom mirror, the front yard, the backyard, the dining room, in front of portrait, with senators, with house representatives, with other world leaders, etc.   

5.  Support for the arts

As an artist himself, Kanye understands the importance of music and free expression in America. The First Amendment will definitely be put to good use during his term(s).  

6.  Mandatory fashion requirements   

As a budding fashion designer himself, Kanye understands the importance of looking good.  He has been known to dress both Kim and North, so we can probably expect high fashion requirements for the whole country; Kanye won’t lead a country of people who don’t dress well.   

7.  Stealing the mic from other politicians and world leaders

We all know the fiasco that was the 2009 VMA’s and, while Kanye has apologized for the incident, he can’t promise it won’t happen again. “Yo senator, I’m really happy for you and imma let you finish, but I HAD ONE OF THE BEST PIECES OF LEGISLATION OF ALL TIME.”

8.  A great new album

Who knows what Kanye will be inspired with while in office. Maybe we can expect a new album all about world politics or about how much he hates everyone else or maybe just that he’s the best president to ever serve this country.  

9.  National Kanye Day

President’s Day isn’t enough for Kanye; he can’t be lumped together with every other president. National Kanye Day will be the new holiday celebrated with his music, his clothes, and listening to him talk for a full 24 hours.  

10. Participation of citizens in politics

Not only will Kanye’s election evoke more celebrity involvement in politics, but the average citizen as well. If Kanye were to run for president, everyone would tune into debates and speeches and voter turnout would be at a record high.  

11.  Active participation from North and the new baby

It is clear that Kanye is a family man among other things. If elected, we can expect to see North and the new baby at every single event, dressed way better than us.  

12.  Speeches mostly about himself

Forget about foreign policy, Kanye’s speeches will most likely revolve around himself and what he is currently working on. Maybe he’ll slip in a few other topics, but we can most likely expect him to ramble about himself and something that doesn’t really makes sense.

“I don’t even know what that means,” “No one knows what that means but it’s provocative, it gets the people going!”

Don’t forget to buy your Kanye 2020 shirts and hats now:

Whether you vote for him or not, Kanye could be b-b-b-b-bound 2 be the president of the United States, with Kim by his side as our First Lady.  It could be the worst thing or maybe the best thing but the only thing we can do now is wait and vote.  

Avery Williams is a sophomore at UNC at Chapel Hill and majoring in Journalism. When she's not at school, she's either watching One Tree Hill reruns, eating popcorn, or memorizing the lyrics to her new favorite album.
Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.