The 10 Over-40 Celebrities I Would Marry If They Asked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We all have our celebrity crushes growing up. Now that we’re older, we realize that maybe some of our crushes are perhaps quite a bit older than we are. You know what I say to that? Oh well! Celebrity men can still be quite attractive as they grow older, and I, for one, would definitely still say “yes” if one of these 10 men ever met me and popped the question!

10. Hill Harper (46 years-old)

As an alumnus of Harvard Law School and the author of four books, Hill Harper is a perfect way to start off this list. Not only is he highly intelligent in real life, but he also plays Dr. Sheldon Hawkes on CSI: NY. He also met and became friends with the president while playing basketball when they were both first-year law students. He’s attractive and distinguished, and he knows the POTUS. I find those qualities very endearing.

9. Pierce Brosnan (59 years-old)

I have two words for you: James Bond. Pierce Brosnan played 007 himself, and we all know James Bond was absolutely irresistible to the women. Pierce is no exception. He’s exceptionally handsome at 59, and when Daniel Craig became the new James Bond, I was crushed because I knew I wouldn’t be seeing Pierce’s face anymore. Oh, and did you know he’s Irish?

8. Blair Underwood (48 years-old)

I really fell in love with Blair Underwood while I was watching him play Mr. Harris on The New Adventures of Old Christine. I knew he was something special because all the characters on the show commented on how amazing he looked. They definitely were telling the truth. Blair Underwood is attractive in every way. He’s even more attractive when you find out he co-founded a nonprofit for equality and democracy in South Africa.

7. John Stamos (49 years-old)

If you didn’t have a crush on Uncle Jesse as a child while watching Full House, you must not have been paying attention to the show or his character, Jesse. He was adorable and sweet, especially when it came to his niece, Michelle. He’s still got that same attractiveness he’s always had, and he played the hot dentist on Glee!

6. Robert Downey Jr. (47 years-old)

My friend and I may or may not have once tried to slightly stalk Robert Downey Jr. over the summer when Iron Man 3 was filming in Cary, N.C. Okay, I definitely did but I regret nothing, I’m a dedicated fan. Anyway, RDJ is incredibly irresistible. He is a total badass in movies and probably out of movies as well. I wouldn’t mind getting to know him to find out!

5. Boris Kodjoe (39 years-old)

Boris Kodjoe was born in Vienna, Austria, and raised in Germany. Okay, so he’s not technically 40 but c’mon, give me a break. That face … that smile … I really couldn’t leave him out. In a couple of months he will be 40, so that what’s really matters. He’s a former fashion model that you can catch in Resident Evil:Afterlife and Resident Evil: Retribution killing the undead as Luther.

4. Shemar Moore (42 years-old)

As someone who grew up watching The Young and the Restless, I can honestly say I have been in love with Shemar Moore for a really, really long time. Just look at that full yet half smile and those dreamy eyes! Do I watch Criminal Minds for him or for the actual show? Hm … well mostly the show but he’s definitely a bonus!

3. Eric Dane (39 years-old)

No, Eric Dane is not 40 either but he will be in November so close enough, right? He looks amazing, and that’s all that really matters. You really don’t have to wonder why his character’s nickname on Grey’s Anatomy was McSteamy. The episode where he appeared in the strategically placed towel proves he does, in fact, belong on this list.

2. Idris Elba (40 years-old)

Interesting fact about Idris Elba: he’s British. Yes, that’s right, British. You know what that means? He talks in one of those irresistibly adorable British accents that makes girls (especially me) swoon. Plus, he likes to spend as much time as humanly possible with his little girl despite his busy acting schedule and living in different states. How precious is that?

1. George Clooney (51 years-old)

George Clooney is the epitome of the phrase: “Things get better with time.” At 51 years old, he’s still attracting women of all ages with that handsome face of his. Even though he says he’s never plans to marry again, I wouldn’t mind at all just having a beautiful common law marriage with this gorgeous, gorgeous man. Definitely one of the sexiest men ever.

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!