The 10 Most Relevant HeTexted.com Submissions for Carolina Girls

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We’ve all done it. You get a mysterious text from your latest fling, you have absolutely no idea what he means, and you go running to your girlfriends in hysterics: “Help I need advice, what do I say back to that!?” Well, with HeTexted.com, that unbiased advice is right at your fingertips. You can “Ask a Bro” directly or you can post to the entire advice community, where you’ll receive real-time advice from people who’ve been there before.

Here at Her Campus UNC, we thought we’d check out the advice on HeTexted.com and pick the Top 10 submissions most relevant to the struggle that is dating at UNC. Enjoy!

P.S. If you love HeTexted as much as we do, don’t forget to come by our Pit Sit this Friday, November 8th, and pick up your very own, totally FREE, HeTexted t-shirt!

1. Long Distance User

Ever accidentally ended up in a long distance relationship and been totally clueless about how to handle it? For most college kids, long distance relationships are tough to keep going but just might be worth it in the end. This submitter met a cutie at a festival and traveled 3 hours to visit him for a long weekend. Now she’s left wondering if he really likes her or if he’s just using her on the side. Why not send her some advice or find out if any of the advice others gave is relevant to your own long distance drama!

2. Guy Friend

With the overwhelming ratio at Carolina, it seems a lot easier to find a guy friend than to find a boyfriend. This submitter is stuck wishing her guy friend was her boyfriend but just can’t quite get up the courage to stop playing hard to get. Find out what advice some real life guys gave her and weigh in. Is it possible to have your best guy friend become something more once he no longer has a girlfriend in the way?

3. Funny but Mean

Mixed messages much!? So many guys say they want a relationship but are so busy with school, athletics, extracurriculars, etc. that they never make time for one. This submitter met a funny guy at a party, but they can’t quite align their schedules to meet up again since then. She’s not quite sure if he’s intentionally blowing her off or if he really does want something more. Why not check out what the advice community at HeTexted.com had to say!

4. Long Lost High School Love

So you’re about to graduate college, and out of the blue your old high school love hits you up. What do you do? This submitter is connecting back up with her old love, but things don’t seem to be going so well. Should she pursue the guy she’s been putting off for the past four years, or should she move on to her adult life ahead? Head to HeTexted and give her some advice or get some yourself if you’re thinking about starting up again with your old love from home!

5. Too Busy for Each Other

Making a relationship work in college is hard, especially at UNC where everyone is 3000 percent busy with achieving their dreams and trying hard just to get an A in finger-painting. When you’ve been in a relationship for a long time, it’s easy to let yourself get busy and stop putting in effort to make things work. This submitter wonders if she should call her guy out on it or just accept the fact that they’re both busy with their own lives. What’s your opinion? Should she point out that he’s not putting in enough effort or keep quiet?

6. Parental Control

We may be in college, but that doesn’t mean our parents will stop having an opinion about the people we date. One freshman submitter met a guy who’s a senior in college. She thought all was going well until her mother objected to the four-year age difference. What do you think? Is age difference something that doesn’t matter as much in college, or are they still in totally different phases of their lives? Should she hold off and respect her parents’ wishes or totally go for it?

7. Adjusting to the College Dating Scene

Dating in college is a whole different world, and it can be difficult to navigate at first. What differentiates a real relationship from something casual? What happens when you both leave for the summer? This submitter has all these questions and more about the guy she was seeing her first year in school. She wants something more and is afraid that he may just be acting like a nice guy. Can you offer some unbiased advice and help her out?

8. The One Night Stand

One night stands are awkward, especially when one party thinks they want something more. This guy texted an apology after sneaking out and even seemed somewhat open to the option of hanging out again; talk about confusing! If you’ve ever been in this sticky situation, why not head over to HeTexted and help a sister out? Your unbiased advice could save her from making a major mistake when it comes to this sketchy relationship.

9. The Cheater

Most girls have a fantasy guy that they’d love to get together with if he was ever single. This submitter finally got the chance with her ultimate dream guy, but the morning after he texted her asking her to keep it on the down low. Apparently he got back together with his ex and doesn’t want anyone to know about their momentary tryst. What should she do?! Go full out revenge mode or really keep quiet and hope for a more permanent break in the future? Your chance to weigh in!

10. The Mooch

Oh, the mooch. Yes, the vast majority of us are poor college kids are living off Easy Mac and free swipes into the dining hall, but that’s no excuse for a guy to constantly use you as an ATM. What really grinds our gears is that when this girl offered to take her guy out to dinner instead of just picking food up for him, he refused! He says he loves her, but would you stick around waiting for a ring? I didn’t think so.

That’s it folks, our top 10 most relevant submissions for Carolina girls. If you loved reading these stories and weighing in, remember to keep checking out HeTexted.com and pick up their book, He Texted: The WTF Truth About Men and Dating in the Digital Era, when it’s released on April 15th, 2014. HCXO!

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.