This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

To put it bluntly, last semester was hard. With a shortened semester over Zoom, being a student this fall led to constant stress. Now that finals are over and we are enjoying a well-deserved break, here are ten shows that will make you feel good and destress from the nonstop stress of the past semester. 

Julie and the Phantoms

I’ve discussed extensively on why you should watch Julie and the Phantoms this semester, and I stand by every word. The show gave me so much joy this semester and really I keep revisiting it when I need to de-stress. 

Dash & Lily

I started watching Dash & Lily this past week with my roommate, and it’s is hot chocolate personified. Cozy and inviting, Dash & Lily is the perfect go-to this break, especially if you celebrate Christmas. 

New Girl

Ah, a classic! New Girl has truly cemented itself as a great sitcom. If you are looking for some mindless good fun, New Girl is the show to watch. 

Girlfriends

Ever since Girlfriends was added to Netflix this fall, I’ve been wanting to give the show a watch. Though I’m only a couple of episodes in, the sitcom has a wonderful mix of drama and comedy. It’s not the mindless fun of New Girl, but if you are looking for a show with a bit more heft, Girlfriends is for you. 

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

I only watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in bites and pieces, simply because the show’s comedy is so effective. Every time I watch, I die a little from second-hand embarrassment, left with a wide smile on my face. 

Outer Banks

You know there’s going to be a time during break where you start missing UNC and school. Outer Banks is the perfect show to watch when you get in this mood, not only because it’s a compulsively watchable teen drama, but because it misrepresents UNC so badly in one episode you can’t help but laugh. Perfect material for UNC students! 

Jane the Virgin

Jane the Virgin is one of the smartest TV shows I’ve watched. The writing is witty and plays on the telenovela tropes you know and love — fake deaths, a surprise twin, true love and more.  

Marvel’s Runaways

If you are looking for some fantasy in your shows, Marvel’s Runaways might be for you. A teen drama where the kids are superheroes and their parents the bad guys? The perfect escapism! 

The Bachelorette

If you haven’t watched this season of The Bachelorette, you are in for a wild ride. Every season has its own brand of drama and humor, but this season tops it all. I recommend watching The Bachelorette with a group and some drinks for some top-notch laughs. 

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman

I never watched David Letterman when he was on cable television as a late-night show host, but his show on Netflix has a perfect blend of capivatign discussion and humor. It’s a show I’ve watched both with my roomates and family, and they work as a great way to relax after a hard semester.

If you are looking ways to fill your time without adding any unnecessary stressors to your life, the ten shows above should fill your time. Enjoy your break, heels! 

Gennifer Eccles is an alumna at UNC Chapel Hill and the co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chapel Hill. She studied English and Women & Gender Studies. Her dream job is to work at as an editor for a publishing house, where she can bring her two majors together to help publish diverse, authentic and angst-ridden romance novels.