10 Awesome Self-Esteem Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Every once in a while we all need a little pick me up. If you’re in need of a self-esteem booster read these 10 quotes and remind yourself of just how fabulous you are!

1. “Your self worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” -Beyoncé

2. “I think imperfections are important, just as mistakes are important. You only get to be good by making mistakes, and you only get to be real by being imperfect.” -Julianne Moore

3. “I consider myself a crayon… I may not be your favorite color but one day you’ll need me to complete your picture.” -Lauryn Hill

4. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

5. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” -Vincent Van Gogh

6. “…It’s in the arch of my back, the sun of my smile, the ride of my breasts, the grace of my style.
 I’m a woman, phenomenally. Phenomenal woman,
that’s me.” -Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman

7. “My theory is, if you look confident you can pull of anything– even if you have no clue what you’re doing.” -Jessica Alba

8. “To all the girls that think you’re ugly ‘cause you’re not a size 0, you’re the beautiful one. It’s society that’s ugly.” -Marilyn Monroe

9. “People always ask me: you have so much confidence, where did that come from? It came from me. One day I decided I was beautiful and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. It doesn’t have to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. Your body is a temple. It’s your home and so you must decorate it.” -Gabourey Sidibe

10. “How much time have I wasted on diets and what I look like? Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world. And get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!” -America Ferrera

Paige Hopkins

Chapel Hill

Paige Hopkins is a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill from Charlotte, North Carolina. Paige is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor as well as the treasurer for the UNC chapter. She is a journalism major with a focus on reporting. She is interested in print journalism as well as broadcast. Paige loves all things fashion and beauty; she spends her free time reading magazines, writing for the arts desk for her school paper and online shopping. She also plays volleyball and enjoys watching sports, especially when the Heels are playing.
Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.