This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

This week’s content theme is “Going the Extra Mile”, so we asked our contributors: “Tell us when you went the extra mile for someone/something or when someone went the extra mile for you”

Ashleigh: Going the extra mile for me would be volunteering, and Alex and Gabbie have gone the extra mile for me when I have had my fits. Also my friends have gone the extra mile by learning sign language to help me understand them. 

Penny: I’m going to Canada this summer, and my dad’s cousin is going the extra mile for me by picking me up from Toronto airport, letting me stay with him and his family for a couple of days, then dropping me off in Hamilton so I can go to a convention. And I’ve never even met him before. I can’t put in words how much I appreciate it.

Melissa: For me, going the extra mile would have to be my Mom’s boyfriend Paul. He is always helping me sort out my finances, or move house. He is one of only a few people who thought my going to university was a good idea, and I love him for that. He also is always sending me home with ready-cooked meals.

Amy: When I was at the 6th form the Department Head arranged funding for me to go to Summer School at East 15 for a week, she managed to help me so much that in the end I only had to pay for travel and my expenses whilst I was there (food etc.). I was so happy once that she helped me embrace this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Montana: I went the extra mile at work once (Sainsbury’s). Someone was struggling getting their trolley across the car park, so I took it to their car for them.

Shelby:  During Wales2Medway (189 charity walk for Macmillan Cancer Support) we had to head out each morning to find that nights’ accommodation, most places offered us some sort of discount as we were doing a charity event, but one hotel went the extra mile – Copper Beeches gave us three bedrooms and breakfast all completely free! Doing charity work I meet so many genuine, kind and giving people.

Alex: The drama lecturer, Kasia goes the extra mile every lesson with us, all she does is spend time talking to is about her lessons other lectures and she is always there to listen for a personal ear, and it really helps to have a lecturer who really cares about your degree.

Going the extra mile is important to us at CCCU! Tell us how you’ve gone the extra mile for some one, or how someone has for you via Twitter: @HerCampusCCCU, or go to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HerCampusCCCU

I'm a 20 year old self-published author who blogs a lot and drinks far too much tea! Melissa Holden's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaHoldenWriter Melissa Holden's Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Holden/e/B00GSL71SE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1416236950&sr=8-1
Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.
Penny Gotch is an Essex girl living in Kent, where she's studying Creative & Professional Writing. She dabbles in everything. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, script: you name it, she does it. In her spare time, she likes music, baking, and watching wrestling. For more information, please check out her website: www.pennygotch.co.uk
Shelby is a graduate in Creative and Professional Writing who is still trying to hold onto student life by living in a student house, continuing to write for Her Campus and living on cereal. Shelby is writing about the scariness of graduate life on her blog, every day: gradualrealities.wordpress.com
I'm short, I'm blonde, I'm bubbly and possibly a bit dumb at times.