Mason Cooper: CCCU’s New Campus Correspondent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Name: Mason Walter Cooper

Age: 22

Hometown: Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Degree: BA(Hons) Drama

Year of Graduation: 2016

Relationship Status: Single

The Favourites:

Favourite Food: Chicken New Yorker with a stuffed mushroom, in a cheese coated bun.

Favourite Band: Daft Punk

Favourite TV Show: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, French and Saunders, Saturday Night Live, Smash

Favourite Movie: Any of the Disney Classics, Bridesmaids, Legends of the Guardians (Owls of Ga’Hoole), Les Miserables, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Pitch Perfect and SuckerPunch.

Favourite Book: The Fault in our Stars by John Green

Favourite Sports Team: I don’t really watch any sports… But I am madly in love with Tom Daley!

What’s your most embarrassing moment?

I can think of a few but I think the most embarrassing is definitely in 2002 when I was on Custard Pied live on Nickelodeon during the Roadshow (especially as I wasn’t expecting it!). I was standing behind Dave Berry and Bogey whilst they were presenting the next show. Out of nowhere the cameraman comes hurrying towards me and Bogey plants this pie right into my face. It was hilarious but I returned to school after the summer holidays to be laughed at continuously as everyone had seen it… Oh well!

Whats your proudest moment?

At the age of 13 I weighed 15 stone and 9lbs (219lbs)! I was a fat child who couldn’t say no to 24 packets of crisps a day (Seriously, I would eat 24 packets a day!) When I started college I decided enough was enough and I went on a diet. Within 3 months I dropped down to 11 Stone 9lbs (163lbs). I felt really proud of myself. Since then my weight has been up and down but always under 13 stone.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Now this is a hard question as it changes from week to week! Currently I am truly, madly and deeply in love with the following:

Scott Hoyings of Pentatonix (If you have never heard of Pentatonix check out their YouTube channel – amazing singers)

Tom Daley

Jeremy Jordan

Ansel Elgort

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I really want to go New York at Christmas time. I also want to visit Tokyo, Japan and hike, visiting the Temples in the Province Mountains. Shame I can’t afford either at the present time. (I am open to donations if anyone wants to pay for me to go!)

Do you have any strange habits?

Now I don’t find this strange but other people do. All my DVDs have to be placed in alphabetical order, and all books have to be placed in alphabetical order by the authors’ surname. It was something I had to do whilst working at HMV many years ago and I started doing it at home. It makes it so much easier finding everything, especially when you own over 1000 films/TV shows.

Do you have a plan for once you finish university?

I’m not sure anymore. When I started university I wanted to be a Drama Teacher, so I would have gone on to get my PCGE, but now I have changed my mind and don’t really know anymore. I really would like to work within an Education Department for a Theatre within the West-End or Theatre Company. I am currently on the train of thought of moving to London and studying for my Masters Degree in Drama whilst working. I guess I will have to see what happens in 2016.

Do you play any instruments?

I play the Cup, does that count? I mean I did spent hours practicing by watching YouTube videos and Pitch Perfect repeatedly! In case it doesn’t count, no I don’t play any musical instrument.

As Her Campus CCCUs new Deputy Editor/Campus Correspondent, do you have any big plans for the page, and if so what are they?

I think it would be really interesting for our Style blogs to look at Celebrity outfits, worn at the premieres and award ceremonies, finding similar outfit at High Street prices. I also think it would be quite interesting to do some articles about how to dress your man as Men’s fashion is all over the place; so girls we need to step in and dress our men right! In addition to this, I think we should start reviewing more for you, but not only mainstream films, music, books etc. I think it’s time to start looking at the things you may have overlooked and should try out. I am sure as the time draws closer for me to step up into this role I will have more ideas so make sure you stay tuned to Her Campus CCCU, because big things are on it way in 2014/2015.

Do you have a personal motto?

I don’t really have a personal motto, but I do like this one by Walt Disney “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” Never give up on what you really want to do, because even if you don’t get the overall dream, you will surely have one hell of a journey getting there! 

I'm a 20 year old self-published author who blogs a lot and drinks far too much tea! Melissa Holden's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaHoldenWriter Melissa Holden's Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Holden/e/B00GSL71SE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1416236950&sr=8-1