etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Lonely Valentine? Five Things to do as a Single Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be tough when you are single, and as a single collegiette myself, I know it’s not fun watching all your friends get flowers and chocolates from their partners.

So, in response to all those couples enjoying themselves out there today, here are my Top 5 things to do for Singles on Valentine’s Day:

1)      Watch Disney movies: if there’s one thing that cheers a girl up, it’s laughing at your favourite Disney characters run around like fools. If you’re feeling like a good cry, you could always watch The Lion King (1994). If you feel like a laugh, it’s got to be Tangled (2010). Whatever you decide to watch, make it a good one!

2)      Hot Chocolate: I know its cold outside, and it might even be snowing where you are, so make yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate, and snuggle up in front of the TV.

3)      Girl’s Night In: It is very unlikely that you are the only singleton in your friends group, so grab some girls and have a fun night in. Makeovers, movies, wine and chocolate! What could go wrong?

4)      Go out! Why don’t you go out clubbing with your friends? It’s Friday night, like any other week. So why shouldn’t you? Dress up, put your heels on, and go and have fun!

5)      Finally, No 5 – Be alone: some of you are probably single by choice, so Valentine’s Day doesn’t really bother you. If so, that’s great! You can stand on your own two feet without a love interest. Spend the night doing what you do best: being you!

So, whether you are single and looking for love, or happy just by yourself, have a great Valentine’s Day! 

I'm a 20 year old self-published author who blogs a lot and drinks far too much tea! Melissa Holden's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaHoldenWriter Melissa Holden's Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Holden/e/B00GSL71SE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1416236950&sr=8-1