The Five Most Anticipated Films Of 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

2015 looks like it is going to be an amazing year for cinema! With Star War: The Awakening, Fifty Shades of Grey, Insurgent and Avengers 2 all coming out in the new year we couldn’t help but show you are top 5 list!

The Scorch Trials

This is the second film in The Maze Runner series and we cannot wait! The first book in the trilogy was adapted for cinema in 2014 and stared Teen Wolf veteran Dylan O Brien as main character Thomas, who woke up in the mysterious Glade with no memory of who he was. The Glade however wasn’t all that it seemed as it was surrounded by a deadly and horrific maze which kept Thomas and his new found group of Gladers in the centre. The film also had an array of English talent with Thomas Brodie Sangster, Will Poulter and Kaya Scodelario all sharing screen time.

After one of the best cliff-hangers we have ever seen we cannot wait to see the second instalment of this thrilling film series.

Jurassic World

The dinosaurs are back and this time they seem to be behaving. After the failure of the park and numerous deaths in the first three films this new instalment takes on a completely new storyline. The dinosaurs are taking centre stage for the millions of visitors who have flocked to the newly opened Jurassic Park and everything seems to be running smoothly. However it is never that easy when the human race decide to medal and create the planets first hybrid dinosaur.

This film is a welcome return for the film franchise with Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt taking the main role as Owen

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

The superhero team is back with new problems, new team mates and of course, a new villain. This sequel will bring our favourite Avengers back together in order to save the world from the creepy, puppet like Ultron who is hell bent of achieving human extinction. We also very excited to see new characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch on the big screen alongside Iron Man and Captain America.

This is sure to be a cinematic hit with fans from around the world already racking up over 65 million views on its YouTube trailer.

Mad Max: Fury Road

1979 was the last time we saw Max on the big screen but he is coming back in 2015 with an all-star cast. Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult are just three of the amazing actors to appear in this post-apocalyptic film. Humanity is broken, driven made by our now dessert covered planet as they fight for the tools to stay alive.

The trailer looks awesome with the sets and backdrop looking as big as the stars in them. We cannot wait for this film!

Star Wars: The Awakening

The list wouldn’t be complete without the new instalment in the Star Wars franchise. The cult phenomenon is back with some of our favourite characters who will be accompanied by some fresh faces. Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) are all back as the dark forces begin to (you guessed it) awaken. Joining the films veterans are new comer Daisy Ridley and Attack the Block’s John Boyega.

Any cinema fan is looking forward to this new Star Wars instalment to see if it lives up to its predecessors and also, how Disney has taken over the franchise?

There are so many films coming out in 2015, so not all of them could make it onto our list! Did we mention some of your must see films of 2015? Or would you have chosen differently? Tell us @HerCampusCCCU.

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.