This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Halloween may be gone, but that means that Christmas is coming. Yep: party season is here!

And there’s no better way to feel like the belle of the ball than a gorgeous new party dress. That’s why we’ve found five fabulous frocks that will let you dress to impress this Christmas party season!

1) LBD on a Budget

Oh the little black dress. It’s a classic choice and so easy to accessorise with some colourful jewellery and a nice pair of shoes. But why spend a fortune on one when you can get this adorable lace skater dress from ASOS Curve for just £17?

2) Sheer Strapless Sparkle

Every Christmas party needs a little glitter. And the sequin bustier on this beautiful dress is all the glitz you could ever need. And right now, it’s on sale at Yours Clothing for just £24.

3) Hourglass Illusion

Less confident about your figure? Not a problem! This black-and-red illusion dress will do all the work for you while looking simply stunning. And you can get it now from Simply Be for £40.

4) Sweet Skater Chiq

Some things are worth spending a little extra on. And if you can afford this gorgeous black-and-red ribbon skater dress, you’ll look a million bucks. Get it for £55 from New Look.

5) Snow Queen Splendour

Has the cold never bothered you anyway? Can you afford to dress like a queen? Then why not go this beautiful sparkly white number. You won’t want to build a snowman in it, but you will steal the show at the party for £55 from Marisota.

Which of these dresses is your favourite? Or have you seen an even better dress else? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter (@HerCampusCCCU) or in the comments!

Penny Gotch is an Essex girl living in Kent, where she's studying Creative & Professional Writing. She dabbles in everything. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, script: you name it, she does it. In her spare time, she likes music, baking, and watching wrestling. For more information, please check out her website: www.pennygotch.co.uk