Disney’s New Hit ‘Frozen’ To Be Turned Into A Broadway Musical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Disney’s new smash-hit animated film ‘Frozen’ is going to be turned into a Broadway musical.

CEO and Chairman Robert Iger has revealed that discussions have taken place about adapting our new favorite film for the stage! There has been no time scale attached but we hope it will be soon as Iger as promised that “We’re not demanding speed, we’re demanding excellence.”

This will be in a long line of Disney-adapted-musicals as it follows on the heels of ‘The Lion King’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’, ‘Tarzan’ and ‘The Newsies’.

The news also isn’t surprising as the films soundtrack shot straight to the top of the US and UK charts and won a Golden Globe for Best Animated Film.

In regards to casting a personal favorite, it would obviously be Idina Menzel as Elsa. Menzel was the amazing voice behind the character in the film. Also, she is already an amazing Broadway veteran, having starred in ‘Wicked’ and ‘Rent’.

CCCU Her Campus cannot wait for this project to progress and we will be first in line for tickets on opening night.

What do you guys think? Are you excited for this musical and what other Disney films would you like to see on stage? Tweet us @HerCampusCCCU

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.