CCCU’s Top Ten Bands Of The Moment!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Looking for some new bands to listen to? CCCU has you covered with our top ten bands of the moment!

All time low

ATL have been going for over 10 years since they formed in 2003. The band have released five studio albums with their six due to be released in April 2015. The boys finished their A Love like War tour in 2014 which saw them travel around the UK and the United states. On the 12th of January the four piece band released their Something’s Gotta Give Music Video. We love the music video and it is no surprise that it has already reached over 1 million views.

McBusted

2014 marked the year of the boy band as Mcfly and two thirds of Busted formed the super group McBusted. Tom, Danny, Harry, Dougie, James and Matt banded together and the world went crazy with their tour becoming one of the fastest selling tours of the year. The bands album also charted in the Top Ten UK chart when it was released in December 2014. It has just been announced that the boys will be accompanying One Direction on their Australian tour as well as embarking on their second super group tour.

Black Veil Brides

This band is always on the up as they come to the end of their Black Mass Tour and the release of the fourth album. The self-titled album has done well around the world with Heart of Fire debuting on BBC Radio 1’s Rock Show and their new music video Goodbye Agony racking up over 3 million views on YouTube. However no one can forget their massive hit In the End which won them a Revolver‘s 2013 Golden Gods Award and has over 40 million views.

Fall Out Boy

Fan favourite, Fall Out Boy, formed in 2001 and we are glad to say they are still going strong. The band have won over 20 of the music industry’s highest awards and they don’t intend to stop yet. 2015 marks the release of their Sixth studio album, American Beauty/American Psycho (AB/AP) and the start of their US summer 2015 tour. This band will always hold a special place in our hearts and we hope to see them for years to come!

The Vamps

British boy band The Vamps have been likened to One Direction and trust us, they are just as lovable. Brad, James, Connor, Tristen have already supported Mcfly on their Memory Lane tour and worked with the likes of Demi Lovato so it is no surprise that they have a huge following. The boys have even appeared on UK television after they made a cameo on Hollyoaks. In 2015 the boys are embarking on their Asia-Pacific 2015 Tour and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for the boys.

5 Seconds of Summer

This Australian band has gone from strength to strength which has made them a house hold name. After a successful YouTube presence and a tour with One Direction, 5SOS have built a nice career for themselves. The bands self-titled, debut album landed them the number 1 spot in several different countries including America and the UK. They also released Live5SOS in follow up to their first album at the end on 2014. Their debut single has racked up over 100 million views on YouTube and they are about to embark on their headline tour. We cannot wait to see what this band will do next.

Tonight Alive

Not many people will have heard about this band but trust us, you’re going to. This Australian five-piece pop punk band from Sydney, formed in 2008 and they already have 2 albums under their belts. Their original song The Edge was featured on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 soundtrack and they have also supported All Time Low on their All Love like War Tour. 2015 will see the release of their third studio album and we are sure that a tour won’t be far behind.   

Sleeping With Sirens

This American Post-hardcore band burst onto the scene in 2010 with their debut album With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear and have quickly become a fan favourite. They have a unique sound with Main man, Kellin Quinnn’s amazing range taking centre stage. The band have achieved a lot since they debuted and we can’t wait for their Fourth studio album Madness to be released this year.

The Script

Even though their single Superheroes came out in August 2014 we still can’t stop listening to it! With four albums (three of which reached the number 1 spot in the UK), four tours, and several of music highest accolades over their 7 year career it is no wonder that this band is still going strong. About to start the last leg of the One Republic Native Tour the boys are said to be writing some new music and we can’t wait for their next album. 

Did we miss your favourite band off the list or do you have any suggestions? Tell us on twitter @HerCampusCCCU!

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.