Campus Cutie: Louisa Morley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

The Basics

Name: Louisa Morley

Age: 18

Hometown: Newhaven (between Eastbourne and Brighton)

Degree: BA Creative & Professional Writing

Favourites

Movie: Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland

Song: Boy Division by My Chemical Romance

Food: Homemade chicken pie

Hobbies: Reading, writing, art & music

What’s your first term at university been like so far?

Though it was nerve wracking, my first term at university has been full of new surprises and incredibly enjoyable.  It’s an experience that I feel I have accomplished something from and can take away with me. I really enjoy my course and I am glad uni is not as scary as it seems.

You’re studying Creative Writing. How would you describe your writing style?

My writing style is probably quite a mix at the moment so it’s hard to pinpoint, but I’d say that it’s quite informal but in a way that can be related to for those it’s directed at. 

What module are you most looking forward to? Which one do you think will be most challenging?

I would say I’m most looking forward to the fiction module as that is usually what I read and write and a good bit of fiction never hurt anyone. The module that sounds the most challenging would probably be the persuasive writing as it probably make me notice things I didn’t before when watching or reading.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

The place I’d most like to go would probably be Greece so that I could see all the amazing architecture and go to see the turtles on the beach.

If you could only read books by one writer for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?

Chris D’Lacey as I read one of his books when I was younger and even when I read it now I still enjoy it as much as I did then.

Personal Motto

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you so much, Louisa! And if you’ve got a Campus Cutie recommendation, please let us know on Facebook, Twitter (@HerCampusCCCU) or in the comments!

Penny Gotch is an Essex girl living in Kent, where she's studying Creative & Professional Writing. She dabbles in everything. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, script: you name it, she does it. In her spare time, she likes music, baking, and watching wrestling. For more information, please check out her website: www.pennygotch.co.uk