This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Basics

Name: Laura Irving

Age: 20

Birthplace: West Hampstead, London

Course: English Literature

Year of graduation: 2018/2019

Relationship status: Single

Nickname: Pirving

Favourites

Tv show: True Blood

Movie: Crazy, Stupid, Love

Song: Warriors by Imagine Dragons

Book: The Silver Linings Playbook

Sport: Tennis

Hobbies: Guitar

Questions

How is your first term at university going?Not sure, it’s hard. There is a lot of reading on the course and it’s difficult trying to settle into a new life. I miss my old life sometimes.

Why did you choose your course?OIt’s the only thing I have ever enjoyed doing that I was remotely good at.

Is it living up to your expectations?Nope.

How was Fresher’s week for you?God awful!

Do you have any advice for next year’s Freshers?Don’t feel pressured to go out. If you don’t want to go out, don’t.

Any embarrassing/funny stories to tell so far?We were looking up at the cathedral whilst walking home one night, and I had coke in a plastic cup, Megg (my best friend) stopped walking to look, and cause I was walking and looking, I walked right into her, and spilled my drink all over her…

Extras

If you could do anything right now, what would you do? Go for a dog walk with Lou

Funniest joke: A joke that my dad told my mum and she re-tells it wrong every time yet still ends up in a fit of laughter. (Can’t remember it though… )

Inspirational quote: Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Any hidden talents? Painting