Campus Celebrity: The Lady Luck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

A local celebrity in Canterbury is a unique staple on the high street: The Lady Luck. 

The Lady Luck is a Rock ‘n’ Roll bar, located on Canterbury high street – although if you’re Canterbury-based I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that.

What makes The Lady Luck stand out so well amongst all the rest is that it quite literally has something for everyone. Whether it be the Rock ‘n’ Roll theme, which extends to the jukebox’s music selection, their drinks selection, including: real ales, cocktails creative in taste and name, ciders, a list of specialist rums and even alcoholic (or non-alcoholic if you prefer) milkshakes. On top of this, their kitchen freshly prepares homemade food, including vegan choices, which all tastes as good as it sounds.

If all of this doesn’t have you sold, then perhaps the events will pull you in. The Lady Luck hosts regular events, from DJ nights and live music to comedy gigs and quizzes, karaoke and pirate themed nights and even the occasional evening of jive classes. 

If that isn’t enough for you fussy lot, I’m sure the lure of student discount will turn your heads – and once you’ve been a first time, we reckon you’ll find it hard not to end up back there on a regular basis.

If you’d like to get to know The Lady Luck and keep up to date with all of their events then here are the links for you: 

Website (look here for a list of food and drinks and other useful things): http://theladyluck.co.uk/

Facebook (they post all of there events here, and it’s probably the easiest and quickest way for you to find out what’s on!): https://www.facebook.com/ladyluckbar?fref=ts&rf=157495510943068

Twitter (because this Lady is modern): @TheLadyLuckBar

Shelby is a graduate in Creative and Professional Writing who is still trying to hold onto student life by living in a student house, continuing to write for Her Campus and living on cereal. Shelby is writing about the scariness of graduate life on her blog, every day: gradualrealities.wordpress.com