Campus Celeb: Sophie Claringbold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Name: Sophie Claringbold

From: Whitstable

Lives: Canterbury

Biography: Behind Closed Doors (2012), Cloud 9 (2013), Transports (2014)

What is your connection with CCCU?

Alum and now I work for the university as a housing officer.

What does it feel like to being an Alum?

It feels so good and really nice to have graduated but scary being out in the world.

What’s the biggest difference now you have graduated?

At first I still wanted to be a student. It feels like a whole different situation, that barrier from student to grad is massive. You have a lot more responsibility as an alum.

Do you still work closely with the university?

I do work closely with the university and I am really enjoying it. I have now worked as a housing officer for four years, becoming full time when I graduated. I love seeing the students on one of the most important days of their university life.

Are you still performing?

Yes! I am working on a project for 2015 but it is a secret so watch this space!

What inspired you to perform as a child?

My personality I think more than anything. I always had a passion to perform and to be seen by people. When you’re a child it’s more of an attention thing but as I grew older it became my passion.

Are you working on any projects at the minuet?

Like I said I have a project set for 2015 with other alumi from my graduating year as well as some ideas in the pipe line.

Do you have any advice for other students and first years?

Tuns! Be proactive and opportunities don’t find you, you have to find them. Also don’t be afraid to give new things a try or be over prepared!

Thankyou so much Sophie for being this week’s campus celebrity!

Would you like to nominate someone? Then let us know @HerCampusCCCU.

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.