Break Ups And How To Deal With Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Breaking up is horrible, and it’s something a lot of people experience in their lives. It can leave you in a horrible position as well as making you feel bad about yourself,  but this article could maybe give you some tips and a guiding hand from us to you, on how to deal with break ups.

First things first, you need to mourn the relationship, question everything in your head: of course when doing this you don’t want to drive yourself insane – you just want to let yourself come to a healthy point where you have understood the relationship is over.

After this you might have a bit of rage building up, so you may want to pretend like you hate your ex and you may even think of all the little flaws and want to bad mouth them out to the world, such as “he was such a bad kisser” ” she would not stop talking!” These things were not that big of a problem until now and it’s okay to notice that, however try not to go posting on Facebook statuses such as “realised I was happier without you”, “you’re better off without some people”, “happiness is down to you”. These statuses will just make things extra-awkward if seen by your ex-partner. 

Leading on from this, try as best as you can not to rebound, or start a booty call. These quick fixes are never a good idea, especially if your booty call is your ex. It all starts off with “no strings are attached” and then before you know it one of you are developing feelings again, calling each other to just see how you were and then this is when problems unfold, try your absolute hardest to avoid this.

Once you have raged, you will start to feel good about the place you are in. This might be the point where you very calmly start stalking your ex on Facebook to ensure yourself you are better than them. Try to avoid this – you don’t need to be reassured: you are better off without that person, and by checking what they are doing will just take yourself back 5 steps and you will have to start your recovery all over again.

Break ups are hard, but the sooner we start dealing with it and moving on, the happier we will become and the recovery will become quicker. 

If you have any tips or stories about good or bad break ups: Tweet us @HerCampusCCCU